Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Going to the Dark Side

Old 07-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Going to the Dark Side

Why not step up to a real bow? If your going to spend the money.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:39 AM

Here's a 2004 bow test I found on the bowsite,,,, if they would have tested a Patriot VFT instead of the Liberty there would be a very different outcome. The Liberty still only lost by 1 point
http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/featu...004headtohead/
Old 07-13-2004, 01:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a 2004 bow test I found on the bowsite,,,, if they would have tested a Patriot VFT instead of the Liberty there would be a very different outcome. The Liberty still only lost by 1 point
Lost by 1 point to who?[8D]
Mathews has a few other bows in their lineup also.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:35 AM

Ever wonder why a Bowtech looks kinda like a Mathews?????????????? Hmmm I have been told the owners of Bow Tech are old Mathews Techs Hmmmmmm???? What Ever! they are both Great bows period. How come you dont see Mathews people bashing Bowtech?? This is for the Guy that wants to shoot 90LB limbs, Does your toe hitch have a pair of testicals or what!!! hunting for elephants?? would like to see if that bow stay's tuned very long....
Old 07-13-2004, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Deerslayer_37

bowtech is catching up because they essentially copied mathews..oops did i say that too loud? oh well, i guess if you want a bowtech, get one...70 lbs is more than enough to kill most critters on this continent...

slayer

I used to hear this quite a bit but not so much anymore, especially since many dealers across the board are carrying both brands now and having great sales from both...

Other than looking similar in geometry, how else does it seem to you that BowTech has copied Mathews?

Here's my take on the subject...

BowTech doesn't use a roller guard, string suppressors, ZebraTwist Bowstring, harmonic dampeners, Perimeter-Weighted Technology, V-lock limb pockets, centerline grip, 7-8 page advertisements, 110+ pro-staffers or Realtree camo.

Yep, I'd say there's a lot of copying going on huh?
Old 07-13-2004, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMARC

Ever wonder why a Bowtech looks kinda like a Mathews?????????????? Hmmm I have been told the owners of Bow Tech are old Mathews Techs Hmmmmmm????

Not true, no one I know that works for BowTech has ever worked for Mathews in the past...
Old 07-13-2004, 05:45 AM
Typical Buck

Yep.. my Bowtech Patriot dually is a direct copy of a Mathews... uhh... uhh... uhh... Oh yeah... hold on... wait a min.. it's coming to me...

It's amazing the BS that the Mathews dealers come up w/... and their customers believe every word of it.

"Didn't you hear.. Mathews is sueing Bowtech for copying them.. and they'll be out of business soon."

That's by far my favorite one...

Didn't Mathews copy several of their "innovations" from Martin?
Old 07-13-2004, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

GMARC:
How come you dont see Mathews people bashing Bowtech??
How typical. This thread was started by a guy asking about BowTech (a Mathews shooter). Look what you Mathews shooters are turning it into. Who's bashing Mathews here? Do you know what pretzel logic is?

Texarkanimal, I haven't shot a Samson VFT, so I can't answer your questions from personal experience, other than to say they will smoke an arrow. And the couple of people that I've spoken with that have them, like them very much. Staying in tune is not an issue. Since the VFT is a very quiet bow to begin with, I suspect it would be fine in that regard. The heavy limbs, I'd think, would produce more recoil and vibration. But then you will be shooting a very heavy arrow, so much of that will be negated. Hope this helps and, welcome to the light.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:14 AM

Just so you guys know where I stand, I think Hoyt bows are still the best. Problem being around here the bow tec guys are shooting pro fortys for 3D but most are having trouble getting the speed they want out of the bow. Same for the Mathews Ovation. I wonder what they were thinking when they bought a bow with an 8 inch brace height. Oh well, I don't have any trouble getting speed out of any of my Hoyts. Food for thought.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bees, which Pro 40? You mention 8" brace. The F cam wasn't designed to be a fast bow. But I will say this, if I wanted to shoot ASA I'd have to shoot my F cam, which will shoot 280 at 5 gpp. I'd have to borrow ArthurP's arrows to slow my Dually down enough to be legal, or shoot at 40#.
Problem being around here....
I always love that preface.

Quick Reply: Going to the Dark Side

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.