Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Sonic 100 grn Broadhead test results

Old 07-10-2004, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Sonic 100 grn Broadhead test results

http://www.broadheadtests.com/NEWHEADS.html
Old 07-10-2004, 09:03 PM

Default RE: New Sonic 100 grn Broadhead test results

All I get is (Your page cannot be found).
Old 07-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

Great report!!!
Who makes the sonic heads and where are they sold? I havn't seen any yet.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:04 PM
Fork Horn

Boy I'd like to see that in a 4 blade.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

I got one of the samples at the ATA show.. and I was very impressed w/ the design and strength. The only thing I would like to see would be a 4 blade or at least a 3 blade w/ a 1" or better cutting diameter.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

They have a 3 blade 1" head in 125 grns and the 85 grn version will be 1" as well. I got mine at the ATA show, but had to wait for the production blades to get to me before posting the results. The Blades at the show were "not ready for prime time" The production blades are sharp enough to hunt out of the pack. Also let me know what you think of the new site format. I am still working on it, but I have a lot more space to grow now.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

I figured that the blades they gave out at the ATA show were just for looks.. I don't think I could cut my self with them if I tried.

I love the new site... One thing that you might try would be to have a 2nd menu pop up when you click on fixed blades... then have all the tested fixes blades.. then you choose the broadhead that you want to veiw.. and it goes to the test.

web space seems to be pretty limited.

Whats the "subscribers area"? Is the sight going to become pay only soon? I know it takes $$ to run a website... but you might check w/ members on here and other boards and they might be able to provide you w/ server space at little to no cost to you. That's what I used to do when I had my own business... I might even be able to find you some where to host your site if you'd like. The other option is to as for donations... people that save $$$ by reading your tests would prolly be willing to offer donations to help w/ the $$$ situation.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

I think the new format is excellent and very user friendly. I think that regarding the subscriber issue, you have a tremendous following and I would think about doing a little market research by asking for peoples opinions about what kind of compensation/subscriber deal to institute. Clearly some kind of help makes sense so that you can keep the results objective, I mean I know you would anyway, but that is the right way to do it. And some kind of revenue stream would assist you in terms of the quality of the testing, so I think that is a good idea and I think it would be supported. What form that should take, might need a little more exploring.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

The new site has plenty of webspace, now and a lot more options. I have the subscribers area for those that want every test, review and article written in one place. If you click on the subscribe link it explains it or just click on the subscribers page and it will direct you. The proceeds, if any, will go back into the testing of various products and pay for the sight. I figure if I can at least break even I will keep it up. Heck the cost of arrows, heads, targets etc gets exspensive! This was the best way I coud figure to give people what they wanted, and keep me out of the poor house.