Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

well what do u think ..?

Old 07-09-2004, 01:35 PM

Default well what do u think ..?

Recentley i joined a hunting and gun club .. I took the chance to hunt land just be booted out bc i don't use a gun ! The other members said just bc i own a few doesn't give me the right to join thier club bc i don't ever hunt with a gun !.. What i tried to make them understand was that u didnt have to hunt with a gun to be versatile .. I enjoy getting the game up close bc bow hunting is more of a challege than gun hunting u have to constanly stay on top of ur bow and keep practcing i dont want to offend anybody that hunts with a gun bc i do sometimes to just rabbit or squriell but 4 the other game i enjoy taking with a bow so what do u think abt this so called hunting and gun club ? .....
Old 07-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: well what do u think ..?

First thing I thought when I read your post was not a problem as you dont hunt with a gun,But then I realized it said "HUNTING"and gun club.Correct me if im wrong but isn't archery for deer and other game HUNTING.If hunting for squirrels and rabbits with your gun and archery for big game isn't good enough for your club then I would ditch them and join a archery club.There you can do the winter leagues and the summer 3D and have probably more fun anyways.JMO
Old 07-09-2004, 02:02 PM

I'm at a loss. We're all hunters. Some prefer gun others bow and some like to take game with their car(I'm from Maine, Nuff said). I find it pretty sad that one type of hunter would discriminate against another because of weapon choice.

Maybe this is their revenge for not being allowed into an archery club.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:07 PM

Do you think it may be because (I'm assuming) that the archery season is longer and you will in the woods for a couple months before them and they don't want that because they are greedy and don't want anyone hunting when they choose not to take up archery and get out sooner?? I'd say screw that "club" and get in another if possible.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:41 PM

Stump could be right! I've run into that same mentality on my lease from a few of the guys (gun only hunters). I guess these people don't think about the fact that bow hunters "generally" are closer than 30 yards when they shoot at a deer. Some of these guys obviously DO NOT realize how many more obstacles there are for bow hunters during bow season. More heat, more bugs, more sweat, more leaves,....and on and on...

Of course, in TX, it's like that nearly all the time[>:]
Old 07-09-2004, 09:58 PM

Well her eit is guys there is no archery club here so i just have to grin and bear with it and i cant help it i choose to hunt with a bow i think i also made them mad when i hit a target 49 out of 50 times too at a 40 yard range but they never ask me if i ever won any contest or if i have ever went state ...! but they didnt like it when i told them my grandpa taught me how to bow hunt when i was 10 either sooo ...?