Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Limb splintered on my Protec

Old 07-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Limb splintered on my Protec

ORIGINAL: mitchdually

Hey slicendice, i don't want to chime in on top of your topic, but i was wondering if any body has had that kind of problem with a mathews bow lately
Sure have, out local shop has 3 bows hanging right now with damaged limbs. It is not a vendor specific problem, it is all manufacturers.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes it is all manufactuers and Hoyts limbs probably have the lowest return rate of any limb on the market today.

Most reputable dealers will be able to call Hoyt and have the limbs shipped out immediately and change them for you and this would be at no cost to you whatsoever.

I know the shop I shoot for would do it this way.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:22 PM

ORIGINAL: reylamb

Kodiak, you can rant all you want, you will never convince me the customer should pay for any part of a warranty replacement item. In my line of work, if an item dies under warranty, the manufacturer pays the shipping both ways.
Either your paying too much for whatever your buying, which would allow the manufacturer to afford two way shipping, or the stuff never breaks. Which ever case it may be; I wouldn't mind selling products like that.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just looked at the warranty page in my ProTec's owner's manual. Guess they've changed their warranty service. Used to be, ALL warranty repairs had to be done at the factory. Now they let the dealers decide whether the bow can be done in-house or has to go back. Good deal!

Here's a quote from the manual: "If the bow must be returned to the factory, the bow owner is responsible for the return freight to Hoyt USA. Hoyt USA, in turn, will pay for the same return freight of the repaired product."

I do not think that's an unreasonable policy, for ANY manufacturer.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:28 AM
Dominant Buck

YUP... they all make you split the cost I think. As far as the limb splintering. I don't know if this a particular problem with you brand/model or not. I will tell you it can happen to the best, highest priced, biggest hyped bow on the market. They all are subject to an occasional separation in laminations or whatever. With all the stress and things going on it's a wonder more don't crash.