Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best GOLD TIP hunting Arrow???

Old 07-09-2004, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best GOLD TIP hunting Arrow???

I am looking at getting some Gold Tips..

What do you guys reccommend?

XT?
Hunters?
PRO's?

I can get 2 dozen Hunters for just over 60 dollars... But I dont know if those are gonna be straight enough... .006 is quite a bit
Old 07-09-2004, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best GOLD TIP hunting Arrow???

Others will disagree I'm sure, but the only arrows worth shooting from GoldTip are the Pro series, IMO. Straightness is a crapshoot with the less expensive options, and you still get a wobble or two even with the Pro series (though GoldTip will replace them if you do).
Old 07-09-2004, 06:39 AM

XT's work fine for me.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:44 AM

The Xt's will do if you take the time to weed out any flyers.

I agree with Jeff in that the pro's are some of the best all carbons on the Market
Old 07-09-2004, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

I shot cx terminators last year. I went to GT XT's this year and now I am wondering why it took me so long to change. They shoot straight and they are tough as hell. The Gold Tips are hands down 100% better shooting arrow than the CX's I had last year..I may of had a bad group.. Hey its just my opinion and my experience it may be different for someone else. I am sold on the XT's dont see myself changing anytime soon.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:27 AM

I've been shooting advantage pro hunters 7595 since March. They are great arrows and fly very true. I havn't found a flyer in the bunch. The guy I get them from lives about 10 miles from the Gold Tip plant in Utah. His prices are very competative and he takes the time to make sure the arrows are in spec. He also offers off set or helic fletchings.

Gold Tip makes good shafts. If you compare arrow price to what you've paid for you set up you'll see even the most expensive arrows are not all that expensive. Sped the cash and get the best. Don't cheat yourself.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:31 AM

I have shot the goldtip xt 5575 for 3 years now and they have been great arrows for me. For the money I don't know of a better arrow out there.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:02 PM

I just bought a dozen 3d pros today. Supposed to be the best. I will find out this weekend.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

I have shot the GT XT's for the last three years and have never even thought of buying anything else, the best arrow I have ever shot. Plan on staying with them.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

For deer hunting 40 yards and under I get great groups with the cheap xt hunters.

Quick Reply: Best GOLD TIP hunting Arrow???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.