Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most important imporvement in years

Old 07-08-2004, 09:04 AM

Default Most important imporvement in years

Horay, horay! I went to check on my food plots last night and found the neighbors working in their yard. I had to stop by and see what they were doing with a trench dug around 2/3 of their property. I couldn't believe my eye, an invisable dog fence! These are the neighbors I have call the dog cop on last season.(The people are very nice but for years have failed to control their dogs.)

I was so excited I almost offered to help.LOL

It looks like this year may be better that the last couple of years. I look forward to quiet evenings with no dogs
Old 07-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Most important imporvement in years

Thats real nice of them to do such a thing! But if they care about there pets? I guess it would beat a chain link fence? [&:] I still think you should have dug the whole thing for them! LOL-sence you called the pet cops on them
Old 07-08-2004, 12:46 PM

It wasn't until the third incident I call the doggie cops. I asked nicely, then demanded and finally called the dog catcher. I'm reasonable to a point but they didn't care what their dog did until the cops showed up.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just curious? What did the dog cops do? I mean did sight them? give them a ticket?
Old 07-08-2004, 01:36 PM

The showed up almost an hour after I called. Because the didn't see the dogs roaming he said he couldn't ticket them (which is fine with me, They're nice people) he and I had a conversation with them and they were told he would ticket them if their dog was caught off the property without a leash. They agreed they would keep the dog in their yard.

I wish it hadn't come to this. These people are my grandmothers neighbors and very nice but they just wouldn't keep their dog in their yard. On three occasions I was visited by their dog while I was on stand. I was pretty frusterated by the third incident but all is well now. They are still friendly and I'm confident I will not see shadow this season.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I`m glad things worked out the way they did seeing how there your grandmothers neighbors and every body gets along. With the way people are today you never know how they will react? congrats on the outcome!
Old 07-08-2004, 02:38 PM

I'm glad to see they are doing something about the situation. There's nothing more that I hate to see a dog walking down the trail I'm hunting. [:@]
Old 07-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have never had a problem with domesticated dogs though I did with a few wild ones several years ago. I can see where you would be frustrated when a dog interferes with your hunting. I know I would be. It seems like they are going the responsible route now though. Good for you.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sound's like your one of the lucky one's . I have nieghbour's who even after the second visit from the Dog catchers still didn't do anything about thier dog's and they live directly across from where the comunity put our mail box's ,these dog's are not friendly and I know on a couple of occasion's where people had been bitten by them {Black Lab and a Gold Lab] Finally they got a visit from the law and then did as your nieghbours did and the problem seem's to be fine now.

Good luck this hunting season

nubo