Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do i know ?

Old 07-08-2004, 03:42 AM

Default How do i know ?

Guys I just thought about somthing Serious i think my Bow is shooting between 65-75lbs i shoot 2212 xx78 Superslam Easton arrows Am i using the proper arrow?

The spine i mean

I need a answer ASAP.

Thanks!!
Old 07-08-2004, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How do i know ?

need more info... what draw length and how long are the arrows ect...

Just off the top of my head.. I'd assume that you're most likely underspined....

Check out the easton website or www.bowjackson.com to make sure.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I definitely assume you're way underspined with 2212's. But that's almost beside the point... Why even mess with aluminums that light?

If you're getting 2212's to fly at all, then you must have a relatively short draw length. Going on the assumption that you need different arrows, I'd make this suggestion. Get some good quality carbons, not the cheap junk. Have the shop cut them to length, taking half off each end so you'll be left with the best, straightest part in the middle of the shaft.

The carbons might not be as perfectly consistent as the 2212's, but they'll be good enough. They'll definitely be a much more durable arrow. If your 2212's are bent - and if they're as underspined as they sound like, then they probably are - you'll get much better accuracy as well as easier tuning.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree. You're WAY underspined. I shoot them for winter 3D for ease of pulling from McKenzie's. 27" long with 50gr tips and 60lbs is about the limit. 55lbs with 102gr nibs. I'd say they fly really fast but have to fly ugly. And I'd get the bow weighed to find out what it weighs. When shooting aluminum arrows a 10lb range is a lot of difference. .012 wall arrows are nice for speed but they do fall a bit short on durability, as Arthur said. You almost have to have your own straightener and keep after them. I think I'd go looking for some decent carbon arrows, too.