Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My digital trail camera HORROR story........

Old 07-07-2004, 09:05 PM

Default My digital trail camera HORROR story........

Well guys, as you know, I ordered a Cuddeback digital scouting camera on June 19th from www.bossbuck.com and was led on and on about when I would have the unit. I finally cancled the order and went to www.eders.com and ordered a Interactive Outdoors Trail Spy, just to find out today that it was on back-order, so I cancled that order.

I went all over the internet looking for a good digital scouting camera that was in stock. I found one guy on E-Bay that had 7 Stealth Cam DIGRC-XTR's, 1 was $388 and 6 were $444. Well, the 6 that were $444 would be shipped out immediately and the one that was $388 would be shipped out within a few weeks when he got the camera.

Finally, I found a guy that had 2 Stealth Cam DIGRC-XTR's in stock, and I finally ordered one. Finally, I will have a camera comming that isn't on back-order.

Corn-fed, I know you are getting a DIGRC-XTR, look for the guy on E-Bay that has one, it is $388 which is cheaper than any other place, and un-like everywhere else, it isn't on back-order for 3 weeks!

Just wanted to let you guys know what was going on. So, I am not getting the Cuddeback, or the Trail Spy, but I am getting the Digital Stealth Cam DIGRC-XTR which features the 3.1 megapixel camera. I will have it early next week and I will write up a review!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My digital trail camera HORROR story........

Hey Buck, did you try ordering the Trail Spy directly from the mfg? The price is the same as it is at Eders.

LOOK HERE

I think you need to cancel you order for the Stealth and get the Trail Spy. I need you to be my guniea pig.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:41 PM

Mike,

I would like to try the Trail Spy, but I couldn't pass up the price on that Stealth Cam. Anyways, I am entered into a contest right now to win a Trail Spy and I think that I have a good chance, but I won't know until July 31st.

From what I have read, the Trail Spy gets a max of 3 weeks battery life (the same as the Stealth Cam), but it can't have a solar panel added (which I plan to get for my camera)!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason,
You should get some terrific photos from a 3.1MP camera.
I almost shudder to think how many trail camera photos you'll be posting this season.[:-]

We're going to need a "Trail Pics" forum just because of you.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

From what I have read, the Trail Spy gets a max of 3 weeks battery life (the same as the Stealth Cam), but it can't have a solar panel added (which I plan to get for my camera)!
Did you get the scoop on the battery(ies)? From what I understand, it comes with a 6 volt rechargeable battery. If that's the case, adding a solar panel shouldn't be that difficult. You do know that the Stealth solar panel is about $100 right. I can't see paying that kind of money for a $30 solar panel. My brother in law is an electronics whiz so I'm sure I could come up with a way to fix up a solar panel for the Trail Spy.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:44 AM

3.2MP digital homebrew. One 9v battery and 2 AA's. 9v will last for 7-8 months, AA's in the camera quite a few weeks.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics T_in_PA2! What type of game cam set-up are you using? How much did it cost? 7-8 month battery life would be awesome, and something I would love to have.(2-3 month would be fine though)
Old 07-08-2004, 07:39 AM

Wow, what have you done to piss off Mr. Murphy. Maybe this is for the better. I love the 1.3 digital stealth that I have. I can't imagine how great your pics will look with 3 megapixels. I hope you let us know haw it works out for. For you sake I hope it arrives soon too.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:44 AM

I make my own set-up. Using Sony cameras right now. Check out www.hagshouse.com
The pics above are from a camera I made for a guy up north. They were taken last week. He loves the set-up.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

T_in_PA2
great picts as always from the homebrew. I knew it was the sony by looking at the date on the pict's. Man Jason, for the money you spent on your unit, you couldv'e built one for about 100.00 less. I think total cost of the homebrew is around 250.00 and thats using the 3.2 mg pix sony. Post some picts when you can.

Quick Reply: My digital trail camera HORROR story........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.