Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tru ball releases

Old 07-07-2004, 01:59 PM

Default tru ball releases

I want to get a new release and i'm considering a tru ball. I was thinking of getting the tornado deluxe or the loopmaster which is made for string loops. The release i have now has to long of a trigger pull and i like the way the tru ball releases feel. Any suggestions on what model to get or any experiences with them?????
THANKS!!!
Old 07-07-2004, 02:03 PM

Default RE: tru ball releases

I have the glove version and i use it with the Tru nock. i like the setup. The trigger is very light, it took me a fw shots to get used to it, but i am very comfortable with it.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:03 PM

i really like my tornado. i wish i could get it a little shorter, but it works great.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:11 PM

I have a tornado glove that I really enjot shooting. I've shot fletch hunter, cobra and the tru ball and the truball by far and away is the best release I've shot. I also picked up a tru ball hunter 2. I just got the hunter 2 yesterday and havn't had an opportunity to shoot it yet but lips are watering just thinking about it.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:46 AM

I shot the hunter 2 last night. It's is a sweet release but I prefer the tornado glove. The tornado is more adjustable than the hunter 2. I shoot with scentblocker glove on and I was having a difficult time gettig the release head to a good comfortable position because the head was too short. on the tornado this can be adjusted.

As far as smoothness the hunter 2 was just as good as the tornado. Fit is the only concern.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:49 AM

I've have a loopmaster and the short-n-sweet. Hands down, the short-n-sweet fits me better. The trigger is a little more sensitive, which I like. I also like the open head design for quicker loading on the d-loop. I also like the rope connector which does not induce torque quite as much.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:22 AM

I shoot the tornado deluxe and love it. Very secure fit, swings out of the way, and reliable. What more could you want?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:35 AM

I just switched to the Tru Ball Pro Diamond. Its a T-handle type release with a thumb trigger. You can clip it to your string loop and hang the bow up and not worry about something strapped to your hand, or worry about clipping it to the bow when the deer is in front of you. Also, you can wear just about any glove that you want and not worry if the release strap won't fit around the glove, ect. I shot a fletcher for years, when I switched my groups tightened up dramatically.JMO