Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hey Guys I Need Some Help

Old 07-07-2004, 12:54 PM

Default RE: Hey Guys I Need Some Help

Practice Practice Practice shoot 3D And Good Luck
Old 07-07-2004, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wesbowhunt

ive got the archery down need any advice on bowhunting
Once you have acheved the art of shooting a bow then it`s time to understand the hunting part of it. And a lot of that will come from just being outdoors learning as you go! and understanding the game you are after! If i were you i would try to find out as much as i could about hogs and deer? I know this sounds pretty basic but the trouth is there is so much to learn that there is no way any one person could just tell you every thing there is to know about bowhunting! It has taken many years for some like my self to learn just what i know about the sport! And i learn something new all the time, but if there is anything we or I could help you with a more specific problem will give it a try!
Old 07-07-2004, 02:40 PM

westbow:

Just some constructive criticism.

You are 15 years old, new to archery and new to bowhunting. I have a gut feeling you do not have the archery part down. Your inability to know how to ask specific questions and how to provide specific information reveals that you may be deceiving yourself as to how ready and skilled you are in the shooting and tech area. I have been shooting bows for 40+ years and bowhunting for 40 years and I still do not have everything pinned down.

The reason I am confronting your claim and your belief that you "have it down," is to put you back on the right road so that you learn all you need to learn, and to learn the correct way. There are a bunch of skilled shooters, techs, and bowhunters in here that can do that for you.

Old 07-07-2004, 03:37 PM

i meant to say that i am familiar with the basics
Old 07-07-2004, 03:42 PM

Wesbowhunt,

Start tossing out individual questions and everyone here will try to help you out as much as we/they/us can. There is probably more knowledge on this board more than any other. You just have to weed through some of the "deep stuff" sometimes.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before you toss out all of these questions search the archives.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:58 PM

i need to know how to extend my maximum shooting range
It just so happens that in one of the bow hunting magazines I just got there was an article on this exact subject. The main point of the article was to extend your maximum rang by ten yards, you need to shoot longer distances. IE If your maximum range right now is 20 yards, start shooting out to 50 during your practices, then once you've got your arrows hitting in a pie plate sized area, move in to 30 yards and you should be getting nice groups. Shooting out at 50 yards is difficult, but when you move back in to 30 it seems a whole lot easier.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:23 PM

Do u need to differ shot placement when hunting hogs or is it pretty much the same as deer
Old 07-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot placement will be the same! on "hogs"deer" or any other animal! behind the shoulder is about the most common. It puts the broadhead through the hart and lung area and what you end up with is a quick clean and ethical kill !
Old 07-07-2004, 07:04 PM

I just talked to a hog hunting expert last nite, he said the vitals are located farther in the front of a hog than a whitetail's are. Get a cutaway diagram of a hog and study it. same with a whitetail. shoot alot. 90% of the game is mental. think about scenarioes when you have time. think about how you would approach them. when shooting, put your self in hunting situations, like shooting from behind objects or from elevated positions. good luck

slayer

Quick Reply: Hey Guys I Need Some Help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.