Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elaphant?

Old 07-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Elaphant?

LOL-Great recipe MOUSE- I heard they tast like chicken
Old 07-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't argue with that.

A flat two inch thick rib bone has a lot of stopping power! That isn't even taking into consideration what it has to go through before hitting the rib. One would have a hard time convincing me an arrow launched from any hand drawn bow would penetrate that.

Even so if someone put a gun to my head and forced me to shoot an elephant with a bow I would use a heavier arrow than 830 grains. [&:]
Old 07-07-2004, 04:44 PM

I think anyone wanting to take an elephant with a bow is nuts. I've got almost all of Peter capstick's books..the way he tells it, they have a hard enough time killing them with a rifle. its easy with a 150 yard shot across open ground. stalking in thick cover though...very hard..if old peter had a bowhunting client, he'd probably look at him, call him crazy and force him to use a rifle. PH's arent dumb guys..

slayer
Old 07-08-2004, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

I took an elephant in botswana with a 375. rifle and after seeing him on the ground and getting a good look at him i feel that if you shoot enough weight and a heavy arrow they can be killed. I also Believe Antler Eater was correct in saying that bows have come a very long way in the last few year and that one of todays bows is much faster and better the the bows of the 90s.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:34 AM

An answer I'd like to know is.....would you use a mechanical broadhead or fixed?? Hmmm?