Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What did you forget?

Old 07-03-2004, 06:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Default What did you forget?

What have you forgot that you need most.

I have forgotten plenty.

The one I hate most is my bow string. I've done it so many times it ant funny. I have also known to have had but couldn't find it until after my hunt. Climbing the tree is a challenge. The best way I have found so far is holding the bow by the strings.

Safety Strap- I'll hunt with out it and use my bow string if I haven't forgot it.

Climbing Band on the stand - Just plain bad hunt that day. I'm not a very good ground blind hunter.

Grunt Tube - I haven't had much luck with them. I just like to get them to stop. I love to grunt at the little ones right after they bed down below me.

Tree Saw - I hate passing up that perfect tree just because a few limbs are in my path.

Scent during the rut - I'm on the fence with this one because I always worried about the deer associating me with the store bought scents. They are great to get them to stop. This year I do plan on oing mock scrapes after last years trial.

The Release - I'll hunt anyway and fourtunately I have never seen a huge deer when I haven't had it.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:19 PM

Default RE: What did you forget?

One of my hunting buddies was gone from our elk camp for twenty minutes before he realized that he had forgotten his bow at camp.

I've forgotten to tell the boss that I was going hunting for a week. Boy, was he surprized on Monday morning.

I usually forget to fill my water bottle before I go out. Just carry it around empty...
Old 07-03-2004, 11:32 PM

On my first living target, a sow about 150lbs, at about 12 yards, I forgot to aim a little low and shot right over her back.[:@] I practiced close shots aiming low everyday, but just forgot when crunch time came. I still kick myself for that one.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:50 PM

Not the same thing most of the time but something every time. I tend to pack on the heavy side, so I always forget someting.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Opening morning.

Forgot the bottom 3 steps needed to get me to the REST of my steps and the stand--I had removed them the day before so no one could use or steal my stand. [:@]
Old 07-04-2004, 04:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Drove about sixty miles, parked, get dressed, grab the bow, No arrows.[:@]
Old 07-04-2004, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

i havent forgotten anything needed......one morning my sister calls me up in a panice , she left her arrows at home, luckily i was just across the street and could go get them for her on my in........
Old 07-04-2004, 07:08 AM

Only once I forgot something that was important, and that was my new BH's. I had a few old ones kicking around in the tackle box so I managed to squeak out the week without the Thunder Heads. Now my wife is screaming at me for 2-3 weeks not to leave my huntgear out while I'm checking the (LIST). That's right it now gets check off on my list a couple times before I leave
AL
Old 07-05-2004, 09:11 PM

TP....because you never know!
Old 07-05-2004, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

One time when i was going after some rabbits, i forgot to bring my arrows []

Quick Reply: What did you forget?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.