Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This buck versus the bucks in your area....

Old 07-02-2004, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This buck versus the bucks in your area....

well what really sucks, is if I didnt shoot him, someone else would have shot him... I have people around me shooting spikes and forks.... So there was no way I was letting him go....

Its hard to get people up here to let the little ones go... and they say , i want meat....So I say, SHOOT A DOE...

but nuthing i can do if they shoot tiny ones....
Old 07-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

JIMBO WERE YA FROM IN MD? IM FROM MD TO , MY AOL NAME IS CFSBULL IM ME TO CHAT , LOOKING FORWARD TO TALKING TO YA

JIM AKA DR KILL
Old 07-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing wrong with that deer Mathew'sboy ! I'd have to say he's a shooter here in Ontario as well. We definetly have a lot of bigger deer in the Northern part of Ont but he's pretty comparable to the one's we have in the southern end.

nubo
Old 07-02-2004, 04:21 PM

If i was hunting wisconsin with a rifle, I would take him, but maybe not opening morning.With a bow, i would hold out on shooting him until December or January if he's the only one i could get a shot at. he's a nice buck.

But in Iowa.....you probably wont get laughed at for shooting a little buck but you probably aint gonna get any double takes. 140" is about right fora 3 1/2 year in iowa, some bigger, some smaller. I had a shot at two bucks like him in iowa, one was 15 yards away upwind. had the crosshairs right on him but let him walk, even though it was the last day. No, i would let him grow two more years. with the high amount of Nutritional forage in Wisconsin and Iowa, he could have some potential.

Congrats on the kill BTW.

slayer
Old 07-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

It all depends on what you want to do and what kind of bucks you have in the area. That is a great buck and you should be nothing but proud.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

This buck versus the bucks in your area...

The bucks in my area would probably be violating his buckhood while saying..who's yer daddy!
Old 07-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Dominant Buck

He's better than average for our area... but a lot of them are taken every year.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:51 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: DR KILL

JIMBO WERE YA FROM IN MD? IM FROM MD TO , MY AOL NAME IS CFSBULL IM ME TO CHAT , LOOKING FORWARD TO TALKING TO YA

JIM AKA DR KILL
If your hunting in the Md-Atlantic area and don't see this everyday find a new spot to hunt. They are out there.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:03 AM

Nice buck ......Since I hunt heavily hunted areas....He 's a shooter....
Old 07-03-2004, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

That would be a real good one where I hunt. A good mature buck here avg's about 110"-115". I'd love to get a crack at one like that!

Quick Reply: This buck versus the bucks in your area....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.