Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

getting her to hunt

Old 07-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default getting her to hunt

It seems every year I find myself with a new girlfriend and I am trying to get her to hunt. She has a hard time understanding what the thrill is about but I am trying to get her to see the positives. I would like to hear some ways you guys/girls have gotten your significant others to spend some quality time together. She is a thrill seeker much like myself and is willing to try new experiences but she is reluctant regarding hunting. Any information would be greatly appreciated! One suggestion that I have made is for her to film my hunts what do you think?
Old 07-01-2004, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: getting her to hunt

Take her out sometime but don't bring a weapon. Set up treestands and just sit together and take pictures of any deer or animals you see. After doing that a couple times see if she wants to take the next step.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:19 PM

Tell her hunting is a good this (It really is) Say without it the animals would starve because there would be so many. I also agree with thenuge15.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:02 PM

i would suggest doing what im doing with my wife. first off just get her shooting a bow let her see how much of a blast that is then gradually work her into hunting like take her out on a hunt with you so she can see how everything work is motion the set her up on her own and always tell her you can do it women like the vote of confidence
Old 07-01-2004, 10:19 PM

i did what you did madbow and let the shop pro pick her something she could shoot,after whackin the target a bunch of times and havin a blast could i say no too buyin her a bow?not likely.it is a great thing to go shooting with yer partner and a whole lotta fun.she goin for her hunting license this year and next year she allready says she goin for deer.just dont push em and let em go at their own pace. have a good one and hope it works!
Old 07-02-2004, 12:14 AM
Fork Horn

If it is your passion and you want that shared , in the future I would put that on the list for what you are looking for in a GF. If all goes well with this one find out why she is reluctant. It's easier to meet an objection if you know what it is.

Get her out camping and shooting. Watch to see what gets her jazzed and then you know where to start. In the long run you want it to be something she wants to do and share with you. If she's just going along with it as part of the audition for being your GF it won't be any fun for you in the long run.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

just get her in the woods......teach her what deer sign is...other signs too......the more i learned on what i was seeing , the more i wanted to see it.......take a camera ..... give her time......then take her on a hunt.....have her do the gutting, lol.....jk.......just have her help you, if she wants......i hope you get her out there.....
Old 07-02-2004, 03:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm honest so i am say i am feeling little down right now. I havent found girls out here who like to hunt but if you can get her out hunting, more power to ya.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Just tell her that you occasionally hunt naked , if that doesn't get her interested then nothing will .
Old 07-02-2004, 05:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Make sure she will hunt before you get married. I was lied too.

Quick Reply: getting her to hunt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.