Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

getting her to hunt

Old 07-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: getting her to hunt

ORIGINAL: Stump_MN_Hunter

You may always hunt with a partner, but it's pretty much an individual sport.
If you have never tried it, hunting 80 yrds from each other is a lot of fun. It becomes more of a team sport in which you both can get your chance at some nice deer. Bow Hunting that close really dosen't hose you up. It allows you the ability to cover a wider choke point. You could also do it with guns because it has been my expirience deer have no clue about the shot except for how it's buddy reacts.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys that say leave her at home are missing out. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want her in the stand with me every time I go out, but neither does she so it works out for both of us. I love for my wife to go with me 3 or 4 times a year. She shot her first deer while hunting with me about 15 years ago and she shot her first buck while hunting with me 2 years ago. I was as excited as she was. I wouldn't have traded the moment for anything. I love spending time with my wife and I love hunting so I get the best of both worlds when she goes with me. Besides, if it it a slow and cold morning in the blind you have someone there to keep you warm. [8D]
Old 07-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Mike from Texas

Besides, if it it a slow and cold morning in the blind you have someone there to keep you warm. [8D]
Or a good excuse why you missed the bigone.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:03 AM
Dominant Buck

If you have never tried it, hunting 80 yrds from each other is a lot of fun.
Hellllllllllll.... we sleep that way. I don't need no team sport.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:38 PM

Get her into a hunters safety course and go with her. She will learn a lot and possible respect the sport more.

Take her with you to scout, shoot, etc.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:54 PM

I think that we can all agree that hunting in all forms takes a certain person or personality. You have to be able to stand all that mother nature has to offer, sit in a tree stand(sometimes boring as he**..) etc, etc.... There's probably 1,000 different things and different situations that go into it. Now with that said....how many people do you know that got into it, really into it, after let's say age 25-30 or older? I'd have to say not a ton. Hunting is usually something that was instilled from our fathers, mothers, uncles, aunts or relatives at a young age. So in essence, it's a bit engrained in our heads as to what it takes to be sucessful. The word sucessful means so many things to so many people. It's really not about taking your wife/girlfriend out in the woods. It's about taking someone new into the great outdoors. It's just not for everyone. It just so happened that the thread got started with a fella wanting to take his girlfriend out. A few of us, me included, just piped in with some of the things our wives would say if we were to take them with us. It's probably not that we wouldn't want to, but dang would it be a lot of work. My two cents. Don't ask my wife, because she'd say that I'm wrong.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes and your two cents was a riot and went right to the truth.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:13 AM
Dominant Buck

If you really want her to hunt with you then just tell her "You wouldn't like it." , she'll go nuts until you take her just once to see what she's missing .
Old 07-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike from Texas

Besides, if it it a slow and cold morning in the blind you have someone there to keep you warm. [8D]

Or a good excuse why you missed the bigone.
I have got my wife to go out once last year. I love to bow hunt but that takes too much time for her. Last summer she said you build me a box, with a heater, and I will go with you." So I did. Built a two person gun blind, two recliners, propane heater, threw it on my boat trailer and out to the farm I hunt, it went. It was fun when she came out. No gun for her, just eyes on the field while I naped!! We seen a few does but waited for the buck. Once dark fell, thats when we didnt need the heater anymore. Its nice for the kids that cant sit still too. They have been out in it a couple times and got to see deer. They still talk about it today. Bow season is mine and gun, I just go to go. I will be shareing bow season with my daughter next year and cant wait for that.