Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

getting her to hunt

Old 07-02-2004, 06:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: getting her to hunt

Just leave her home. Let the hunting be your escape. I've been married to the same lovely for 35 years. There's no way she's going out in the cold and mud and dirt and bugs and then stick her hands in some dead creatures gut. That's OK with me. For 30 years I hunted alone... the last 4 or 5 I've had Len. It was love at first sight.[8D]

P.S. If she doesn't want to hunt.... why in the hell are you trying to make her into something she doesn't want to be? My wife loves to shop,... I hate it... she shops, I hunt... it all evens out.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I am lucky; the girl I like loves to Deer hunt. SHe killed a Doe last year. More than I have killed[:'(]. LOL

Trapper_Hunter
Old 07-02-2004, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

david;
Like Always you never dissapoint me, some things we can count on death , taxes, that one arrow that wont fly straight and davidMil .....[8D]
Old 07-02-2004, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just leave her home. Let the hunting be your escape.
Amen.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Your making a big mistake cause when you want to go by yourself she'll be hot on your heal's .She might even bag a bigger deer than you haha,then you'll never live it down,and you'll never get to go alone again.

nubo
Old 07-02-2004, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

just don't take her squirrel hunting first. we went on a not so good day with a little wind and didn't see any squirrels and she was discouraged right from the start. she doesn't mind me going though and she will even help butcher the deer. she actually will tell me what the hell i am doing wrong and run me away from the kitchen. i take what i can get and am happy with it
Old 07-02-2004, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

It took me a while to get my wife into hunting or even just shooting. I think the thing that helped the most is that we have a really good archery club 8 miles from home. There are a few women that shoot there. That was the step in the door. Once she started shooting she was hooked. By the time fall rolled around she was ready for the deer stand.

I took her out the first half a dozen times and sat less than 100 Yds away so that I could walk her out in the dark. Before I knew it she was out on her own. She shot a Doe her first year, that was her first shot at a deer.
Now I have to fight her to see who gets to hunt and who gets the kids......LOL.....
Old 07-02-2004, 08:56 AM

Just remember it might seem like a good idea now but once you have been married for a while you will be wishing you left her alone on the hunting issue. I use it as my get away time. When I go hunting she goe's shopping. I would rather it caust me money than my sanity.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

The thing that got my wife hooked on hunting was taking with me one time. I told her one day when we were dating go out & buy your hunting license we are going hunting next week. Also take a day of vacation from work next friday. She did what I told her to do based on trust. We woke up around 2:30 to 3:00 am & hit the road. I took her to a special place before daylight, we sat on a rock & listened to the bull elk bugle. That kind of freaked her out & got her hooked at the same time. After daylight came we left that area & went grouse hunting. She killed her limit of blue grouse & has been hooked ever since.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nubo

Your making a big mistake cause when you want to go by yourself she'll be hot on your heal's .She might even bag a bigger deer than you haha,then you'll never live it down,and you'll never get to go alone again.

nubo
I agree this is you time if nothing else get away from the house for a bit. Take it from a few of us that has been married for a while somtimes going to to woods and sitting in a tree can be the only time you can make sence out of things, Now if you can get her to have you something good to eat and wearing somthing sexy with a big smile on her face and open arms when you get home from hunting. Well buddy thats the woman i would hang on to. around my house it`s not like that at all[:'(] when i come home from hunting most of the time she is standing there looking like she just got out of bed and i end up cooking my on something to eat and then we start arguing about why hunt so muchShe is agood woman though i would`t trade her for a new bow! My wife likes to shop and i like to hunt!

Quick Reply: getting her to hunt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.