Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Seductive Martin ADS.........

Old 07-01-2004, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Seductive Martin ADS.........

I personally have NO PROBLEM with the ADS.. I actually find the ADS amusing, entertaining, funny, stimulating, healthy and so on.

ANYONE who purchases a BOW because of a AD is an IGNORANT SOB anyways...we all know it takes more than an AD to decide what bow we are gonna shoot..

Now if the Woman Came along with the bow , then thats a different story, I might have to shoot martin then...

I have a 4 1/2 yr old, and I see NO PROB with the advertisement... I'd rather him look at that add, than the fricken telletubbies or Barney ANYDAY...

He flips through my magazines all the time when is doing his business on the toilet..

And when we are watching tv , sometimes I'll ask him. " is that a babe?" or "is she pretty?" and he'll asnwer yes or no...

Let me tell you, HE has his daddy's taste...

Tell you guys what..

When I get home today, I'm gonna have my Girlfriend, Mother of my child, hold my Mathews bow and take a picture of her... (if she'll go for it)..

Then you guys can decide if you want Martin or Mathews...

You might just decide on Mathews...

have a good one..
Old 07-01-2004, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Seductive Martin ADS.........

I don't see anything wrong with those ads, some people are just too up tight. You can see WAY more revealing outfits just walking thru Wal-mart or the local mall.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

There was a thread on this forum last fall and this guy was very mad and said he was going to cancell his sub because of those particular add's.I kind of thought that this guy had some issue's in order to cancel because there happened to be a good looking girl holding a Martin bow ,I thought he was absolutely rediculous. I have no problem's with it at all nor do I think most of us do, since it doesn't matter these day's what your selling that there isn't a pretty girl marketing it , obviously this guy doesn't read mag's very much . I think he was stating that his reason's were the way she was dressed was offensive. figure that.

nubo
Old 07-01-2004, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guessing these guys upset over these ads have never gone to an outdoor expo, or any other type of trade show deal. They'd run screaming from the building because some booths have pretty women working them.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy

have a good one..
The only way you will make me deciede on Mathews is by sending the girl with the bow.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

man the thing we talk about to past time till opening day.who cares about ads?
Old 07-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

There the work of the devil AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! !!!!!
Old 07-01-2004, 06:23 PM

That ad is tame. You should have seen the beautiful, young women selling raffle tickets a the QDMA convention last weekend

Dan
Old 07-01-2004, 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy

Tell you guys what..

When I get home today, I'm gonna have my Girlfriend, Mother of my child, hold my Mathews bow and take a picture of her... (if she'll go for it)..

have a good one..
I'll be the first to call your bluff.....let's see
Old 07-01-2004, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

I wonder what they said years ago when Bear Archery had adds with topless women holding bows........................

Quick Reply: Seductive Martin ADS.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.