Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

high country vs bowtech results

Old 06-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default high country vs bowtech results

i've been out this evening with a chronograph comparing my 3 year old highcountry carbon 4 runner extreme and my brand new 04 bowtech mighty mite vft and using the same carbon express 300 arrow and a 100gr tip at 70lbs and a 27in draw well i started off with the highcountry and out of about 15 shots i shot an average fps of 278 and then i took the bowtech shot it about 15 times with the same exact arrow, tip and got an average of 253 and the high country had a bodoodle rest on and the bowtech a trophy taker drop away both had a brass nock with a loop tied on. the bowtech is just a little smoother than the high country but the high country weighs about 1 pound less. so it looks like i'm going back to high country but i had to buy a bowtech and see just what everyone was talking about and now i know and i can't really see what all the hype is about except that it is a little bit smoother. this is not intended to make anyone mad nor am i trying to bash anyones stuff i just thought i would do a test and share it with you.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: high country vs bowtech results

Well, in that case how much do you want for the Bowtech? I had the same High Country as yourself, I'm now shooting a Patriot VFT, my findings were a little different. But, they are both fast bows and I'm glad you found the one you like. Seriously, though if you're getting rid of the Bowtech let me know, I'd be interested.

Gordon
Old 06-29-2004, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

the patriot maybe faster this was just the comparison of the mighty mite and i would be interested in selling the bow it has maybe about 100 shots through it and i'm also interested in your comparison to the patriot.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:31 AM

Did you measure the draw length???...Or are you going just by what the cam says?

What is the brace heightof the HC??

What is the IBO spec of the HC?

Sorry - but those numbers don't jive
Old 06-30-2004, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

well the numbers mite not jive but the chrono don't lie and the brace ht was high country 6 3/4 and bowtech 7 3/4 and i'm not sure about ibo speed but everyone of the bowtech and mathews guys get on here and dog high country out and they are good bows they shoot just as good as any other bows. people just get bent out of shape when high country talks about shooting those light arrows. no one says if you shoot a high country you have to shoot the light arrows.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

With those BH numbers, the chrono readings are about right. Frankly, it is not an apples to apples comparison. In order to be valid you would have to compare the HC to a Bowtech with the exact same configuration.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

your right about the specs not exactly the same but everyone talks about how the mighty mite is so quick and i was expecting a whole lot more out the bow and one more thing what makes bowtech so much better than high country.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:36 AM

Sorry - your not getting 278 fps out of a true 27" draw 4-runner, with a 400grn arrow and stuff on the string.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

deer hunter! How much for the mighty mite? I have never shot a bowtech, and would like to compare it to my Hoyt Dynatech.

Let me kno if that thing goes on sale?

Jim
Old 06-30-2004, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

thats what the chrono said and that is all i have to go by. sorry but i have finally got to shoot the bowtech and i'm more impressed with high country more accurate and a whole lot more speed.

Quick Reply: high country vs bowtech results

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.