Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

high country vs bowtech results

Old 07-02-2004, 11:02 AM

Default RE: high country vs bowtech results

Sorry WWAG

You got enough BT's anyway

Besides I am working on getting his HC for $10 and a hot cup of soup[]
Old 07-02-2004, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ouch..you guys are brutal

Let us know how it works out DH 21..seriously...
Old 07-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

WWAG, I was prepared to go to $250

Besides I am working on getting his HC for $10 and a hot cup of soup
Kinda expensive for a cup of soup...just kidding

Oh, well I think you've already figured out the best thing about Bowtech VFT bows...what they don't have a lot of recoil, etc...good luck and keep us posted!

Gordon
Old 07-02-2004, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

i will post my new results tonight. I got my n4 module today that one will fit me better cause i pulled a 28 at the dealer and was slightly too long. I hope the 2 extra inches of draw will give me 15fps faster that would put me to 278 and thats the speed i was looking for with such a short draw and plus a little less recoil. I will keep every one posted.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't forget to reset your draw stop for the new module[8D]
Old 07-02-2004, 03:54 PM

i dont know about the speed results but about the site vibration thing mine does the same thing with a 499 grian arrow and the modules screws come loose every so often
Old 07-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

well the results are in i took the n6 module off and put on the n4 and shot about 10 shots with it with and brought me up to speed, the speed was between 284 to 288 so i'm about as happy as you can get right now love the bow now that its shooting that fast and i'm very glad i didn't trade it off. so now i owe everyone an appology and would also like to thank you for helping me realize i had the wrong module and now can you guys help me take the vibration away from my sights i do not have a stabilizer would that help any at all? now i can be a bowtech guy for life now. smooth and a whole lot faster than i ever thought it would be. thanks
Old 07-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

A stabilizer will take any left over vibes the hush kit doesn't take out.

On the MM VFT I had I slid the vibra blocks up near the limb pockets and put limb saver ultras up near the cams. I also had a tranquilizer for a stabilizer and the bow was dead quiet and as close to vibe free as vibe free can be

Good luck
Old 07-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

Definately slide the vibe blocks down by the riser and install some limb savers. I use a Vibracheck Icon on the front and a short doinker on the back. It's very very quiet w/ no vibration that I can feel. As far as the mod screw comment.. just throw some blue locktite on there and that should fix that issue.. same for any other problem screws. What kind of sight are you using on the bow??? Some are just noisier than others by design. Several years back I used to shoot a Montana Black Gold crosshair sight that would make noise no matter what I did.. it was the crosshairs vibrating against each other.. nothing I could do to remedy it. So I replaced the sight.

Good luck.. and didn't mean to come off as an a$$ earlier.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you put some rubber between the sight and riser it will do the trick. I think I got my rubber strips with my kwikee quiver when I bought it , or maybe with a sight I bought? I cant remember.[&:]

Quick Reply: high country vs bowtech results

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.