Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

high country vs bowtech results

Old 06-30-2004, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: high country vs bowtech results

you may be right about the patriot i'm have no idea about that.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd check the draw weight on the MM. That bow should be very close to 280, if it's a 70#er. The cables may have stretched (I've seen more cables stretch than strings on the BowTechs), losing draw weight. Did you buy it new? If so, what does the BC state re: speed and draw weight.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

i checked the draw weight last night it was 71lbs just like the bc said and the speed on the bc was 303 with a 29in draw but i shoot a 27in and i also measure that last night and it was 27in exactly and i have one more question the mighty mite does not have no hand shock but i did notice that my sight seems to taking alot of vibration but i cannot feel it but i notice some parts on my sight coming loose no matter how much i tighten them.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Deer-hunter we're not dogging ya here ,If you say that's what you found then that's what you found .We just have a hard time believing that the MM was so slow .You'll find no shortage of buyer's on this forum for that MM if youre going to rid yourself of it .But before you do that I'd double check everything on that bow just to make sure that there was nothing wrong with it first,I'd hate to sell it then find out that it had a problem that you could have fixed and got better numbers out of it . It just doesn't sound correct .

nubo
Old 07-01-2004, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

i'm giving it every possible chance before i sell i feel like you do that there is something not right with the bow.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:47 AM

How 'bout $225.00
Old 07-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Two inches of draw, and 30 gr on the arrow shouldn't kill nearly 50 fps.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

deer hunter 21, since you asked: when I chrono'd my High Country Carbon 4 Runner maxed out at 70.5 lbs, outfitted with a GKF Premier arrow rest, shooting a 368 Grain Arrow, with a single brass nock, a peep, and leeches, it came in at 287 fps (average for 10 shots), the 2004 Bowtech Patriot SC VFT, with a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone, maxed out at 71 lbs with the "hush kit" installed, using the same arrows with just a Peep and a D-loop (tied in, no brass nock) I was getting 297 fps (average of 10 shots). Both bows were marked 29" draw, the High country actually measured 29&1/4", and the Bowtech measured 29&1/8". Now I know that, the brass nock vs. the D-Loop probaby, skewed the results a little, but I figure the Hush Kit and leeches were about a wash. Honestly, speed wasn't the reason I chose the Bowtech and sold my High Country, there is a big difference in feel at the shot between these two bows. The Bowtech was absolutely DEAD on the shot with only a slight vibration and was much quieter than the High Country. The High Country had a good bit of recoil and more vibration than the Bowtech, in addition was noticably louder (not anything bad just good bit more than the Bowtech). Now I don't stand behind these Chrono results as absolute, just what I got off of the Chrono that I used at the shop where I bought both of the bows. I haven't shot the Mighty Mite in the VFT form, but I would think it would be around the speed of the High Country, at least within 10-15 fps when setup closely. Like I said though if you want to get rid of the Bowtech let me know! How does $230 sound

Gordon
Old 07-01-2004, 06:27 PM

Perhaps you should shoot that HCA against my 2004 Patriot Dually. You better anchor down that chrono before these arrows go smoking through those lights

Dan
Old 07-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

You better anchor down that chrono before these arrows go smoking through those lights
LMAO!! To funny

Quick Reply: high country vs bowtech results

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.