Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

high country vs bowtech results

Old 06-30-2004, 08:57 AM

Default RE: high country vs bowtech results

thats what the chrono said and that is all i have to go by
Did you measure its draw length??

Personally I don't care what bow you like more. I am just trying to help you base your opinion on accurate / correct info.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

you know i was at first thinking something wasn't right with the bowtech cause 255 is just really slow so i know the high country is 27 in draw and the bowtech is supposed to be but i'm thinking about calling bowtech and asking them if their could be a problem.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry - your not getting 278 fps out of a true 27" draw 4-runner, with a 400grn arrow and stuff on the string.
Yea,

I am going to have to call bull sh*t on that one. I had one of the same year model and it didn't shoot that fast at 29.5 inches

The one I had was a monster 4 runner and I had it crancked up to 76 lbs and it would only shoot a 400 gr arrow in the mid 290's. I am think surely I should have gotten more the 15-18 fps out of and additional 6 lbs of draw weight and 2.5 inches more draw length.[>:]
Old 06-30-2004, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

you can call bull sh*t all you want but i'm just telling you what the chrono said. i'm not sure of the exact arrow weight but it was a carbon express 300 with a 100gr tip.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:30 AM

I'm not a BT guy.........but do you know if the MM is in spec and cam timing correct ? Could there be anything out of adjustment ?

I have a hard time believing this too !! I helped a guy with a 27.5" HC Carbon 4 runner Extreme @ 63 lbs and he could only get 260's @ 5 grains per pound ! He only got 240's out of a regular HC 4 runner .......and he had 2 of those (one that came with a cracked riser and one with a warped riser from the factory) !! He was given the Extreme at cost because of the problems with the regular 4 runners !! I was less than impressed with his HC experience !!
Old 06-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

you can call bull sh*t all you want but i'm just telling you what the chrono said. i'm not sure of the exact arrow weight but it was a carbon express 300 with a 100gr tip.
I don't doubt that but I hear people get on here all the time and make claims that just don't work out mathematically and don't match what I have seen time and time again with my own two eyes. Having owned one my self coupled with a couple of years in a Pro Shop tell me that the mathematics just don't work out there.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

maybe the chrono was wrong but i did get that speed but most of the people who have never shot a high country dog them out just because high country doesn't have the money that bowtech has to do all the advertising that they do doesn't mean their bows suck and this was never intended to make anyone mad. i'm gonna call bowtech and ask if there could be something wrong with my bow but the first day i got the bow it seemed like it shot harder than it does now.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

maybe the chrono was wrong but i did get that speed but most of the people who have never shot a high country dog them out just because high country doesn't have the money that bowtech has to do all the advertising that they do doesn't mean their bows suck and this was never intended to make anyone mad.
Well I am not trying to dog HCA just stating what I have observed in the past. However, out of the last two HCA's that I have owned, one had the riser blow up on it (carbon 4 runner) and the other (Monster 4 Runner), was just to loud and had to much vibration for my liking and it a horribly small valley and a killer draw cycle. Also, I wasn't pleased with my customer service experience. JMO

Oh and I am certainly not mad
Old 06-30-2004, 10:18 AM

Yep,,, that MM of your's must be shot out I''l take that little trouble maker off your hands for $200.00
Old 06-30-2004, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't doubt the numbers you found on your chronograph either but Rack attack was thinking the same thing I was. There is an inch larger brace height on the MM VFT and the actual draw lenghts of each bow could be off by as much as a half inch or more even though both stickers read 27 inches.

Not to mention they are not really the same style of bow. How about you take a Patriot SC or DC, set it at the same specs and shoot it through the chrono.

Quick Reply: high country vs bowtech results

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.