Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is there anything as good?

Old 06-29-2004, 03:00 PM

Default RE: Is there anything as good?

Fly fishing has to be my second favorite thing to do. Just got back from a week long trip to Decorah and man was it fun. Last day on a fly that I made I caught a 17in brown. But bowhunting still tops fly fishing I love it.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:18 PM

Whitetail deer with a bow? Nothing else comes close. There is too much scouting, practice, and prep work for me to do much of anything else.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also belong to a bass club. from feb through aug one or two sat a month i am out there! I love the competition. But come "sept" this old boy will be in the woods My son asked me just the other day dad if you had to choos which one would you rather do hunt or fish? I told him son if it came right down to it, Well we would be getting ride of that $25.000.00 bass boat and keeping that $1000.00 bow! Nothing compairs to bowhunting
Old 06-29-2004, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have bow hunted almost everyday of my life, the rest have been wasted.

I spent almost all of my money on archery gear, the rest I wasted.

vaporbowhunter, I spent a couple of days in Decorah myself this spring. We did alright but the high water made things difficult.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:02 PM

In my mind Nothing and I repeat Nothing compares to bowhunting for whitetails. Well maybe bowhunting for elk, Wont find out about that this year but I probably will next year.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:28 PM

I can't think of any thing else I would rather do in my free time then hunt whitetails. And by hunting, I mean practicing shooting my bow, scouting, checking the trail cam, getting in shape to hunt. Most everything I do in my free time, is somehow connected to hunting whitetails!!! YOU GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 10:15 AM

Hunting! and Fishing! and Hunting!
Old 07-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Dominant Buck

NOTHING BETTER....unless it's more bowhunting.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:24 PM

Bow hunting is where it is at for me. I do enjoy fishing and bird hunting, and dog training, but those are things to pass time until October comes back around.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:58 PM

The only thing better than bow hunting would be being able to bow hunt more. It is definitely my favorite past time.

Quick Reply: Is there anything as good?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.