Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Release

Old 06-30-2004, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Release

I switched to a TRU Bal short-n-sweet this season after the it being recommended by Cornfed. He was right when he said it was a great release. I use it off of a loop with just the hook attached. I took the string off the release. It is easily adjustable in even the smallest amounts when adjusting to you draw length. With just a hook to attach it is exteremely quick to load. I have an older model buy I'm sure the newer ones are even better.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:47 PM
Spike

I use to shoot fingers too. I enjoyed not having an extra item to worry about, but after going to a Tru-ball release and shrinking my group size so I constantly strike fletching or nocks convinced me that my fingers are not as consistant as I wanted, so I switched. I still practice shooting with a tab on my back up bow just incase I lose my release.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:36 AM

I have shot the Scott Mongoose for many years. I was thinking about trying the Scott Little Bitty Goose this year, but a friend of mine (from another bboard) turned me on to the thmb trigger releases. I will either be shooting a Tru ball or Carter this year.

Nothing wrong with the Scotts, I just want to play with the thumb triggers.

Dan
Old 07-04-2004, 12:59 PM

goose is smoother!! than sh/sweet i have both!!!!! shoot them before you buy one
Old 07-04-2004, 10:52 PM

I just picked up the Tru Ball pro diamond, its a t-handle style release with an adjustable thumb trigger and let me tell you I wish I had switched to that style years ago, what an improvement in groups. Think about this: I can clip this release to the string or ultra nock, string loop, ect., hang the bow up, so when the deer comes by all I have to do is pick up the bow, don't have to worry about getting the release on the string or if the wriststrap is too loose or tight. No sound coming from the velcro as I am drawing back and best of all it doesn't get in my way when I am reaching into my pack or rattling. The only thing you do have to worry about is where you keep it or it falling off the bow while you are on stand although I can't see that happening. JMO