Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do thing have happen the way they do?

Old 06-29-2004, 01:45 AM

Default Why do thing have happen the way they do?

Found out the other day that one of the bucks I was after last year got hit by a car! in back January.
I'd seen the buck four or five times back in bow season he was always with a big doe,
I tried stalking up him once when I seen him going to an overgrown field to bed, to make a long story short I got just a bout to the spot where they went in and I seen something move behind a bush when it stepped out I seen it was the doe when she went behind another bush I tuck a few steps up stopped she came back out and about that time I seen something move closer to me it was the big buck he had been laying there all that time with in 20 yards of me and I didn't! even! see! him! he was sort of crawling off I pulling back and before I could get it on him he came up and started running.

One of the other times I seen him it was two days after rifle season a half a mile from where I'd tried stalking him, he was on a wooded hill side and I seen him stand up and stand broadside at 60 yards for five minuets with that same old doe.

The next and last time I saw him was three days after bow season I was rabbit hunting the same field just forty yards from where I tried stalking him he jumped up out of a bed and again he was with that big old doe.

The guy that hit him said he was with a big doe when he hit him.

The sad thing about it is I know the guy that hit him and he smacked the buck on purpose he even said he swerved in to the on coming lane to get him

I could have cried when I heard that hid died in a way like that..

Right now I wander what that old does up to and what she's thinking , I guess were both going to have to find another buck this fall.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:44 AM

Default RE: Why do thing have happen the way they do?

Thats a shame. It seems that the big ones are very good at avioding hunters but not so good at avoiding cars. Hopefully he spread some genes before he left.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear that, but it happens.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:04 AM

So how big was he? I really think swerving to hit a deer is a disgrace to the animal. Who would do that?
Old 06-29-2004, 08:09 AM

What a jerk![:@]
Old 06-29-2004, 08:13 AM

That sucks! Sorry to hear about it.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:19 AM

And an answer to your question, "Why do things have to happen the way they do", everything happens for a reason. Mabey with the big buck gone a bigger one will move in.[8D] It's still sad it ended like that.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:24 AM

I feel your pain. Last summer I was watching a beautiful 8 pointer with a 24 in. spread in the fields. Sept. came and I had him w/i 20 yds of my stand on THREE consecutive hunts in about a week and a half. The third time he stopped broadside at 20 yds. and I had my chance. I was shaking so bad that I made a bad shot. One week later to the day he was hit by someone. I got home from work and had 4 phone calls from different people saying they saw "my" buck on the road. One guy even stopped to check him out (that's how I knew it was a 24" spread). I went down there but he was gone.

Some things just turn out that way. You'll get over it.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hope the guy totaled his car hitting it. To bad he didn't keep going and hit the tree behind the deer.[:@] Like you said everything for a reason, maybe someday he'll be in a hospital bed thinking, " why did that guy swerve and hit me" then it might come back to him.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

thing happen like that from "time to time" I know that don`t make it any better. But just maby there`s another big boy out there just waiting to take over his spot? But never the less i fill your pain keep in mind a new season is just around the corner!

Quick Reply: Why do thing have happen the way they do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.