Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High Country getting 350 FPS?

Old 07-02-2004, 02:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: High Country getting 350 FPS?

I think there will come a time time when arrows are are stiff enough to shoot at 5 grains per inch. But here is my questions. What perpose would the hunting comminity have for this? At that wait you are going to kill your KE aren't you? If not how is it going to get its KE? HCA claims to be able to dry fire 8000 times before failure and the old timers say that if you go under 5 grains per pound you are dry firing the bow. Then in a year and a half to 2 years I would be blowing up these bows. Or is the increased spine stiffness of the lite arrows making up for this? If not would sshooting these lite arrows be just like dry firing the bow?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, just tyring to learn something here. I am some what of a speed freak, but not at the expence of my bow.