Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stealth Cam Pics 6/19-6/24

Old 06-25-2004, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Stealth Cam Pics 6/19-6/24

What is that deer caine on the ground?
Yes it is. I freshened that spot before placing the camera there. They have trully begun to turn it into a wallow as a heavy musk smell permeates the air around the site.

I was a bit surprised at the size of the fawn. If you use the size of the other deer as a scale then that fawn must be at least a month and a half old.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:26 PM

Great Pictures. Thanks
Old 06-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

Cool pics thanks.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Glad you guys enjoy them. I find it really interesting to watch those bucks begin to grow. The cam is going out tomorrow evening and I will probably leave it out for 4 or 5 days. New location, no deer cocane. It should prove interesting to see the difference in the number of sightings though I hope to catch a pic or two of a big one.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

Great Pictures, Do you have to get the pics developed everytime you check it? What I mean is you mentioned when you first put it out it was too high, then too low. Did you waste a bunch of film on just pictures of scenery before you get it right. How far apart do you have the timer set? How high did you set yours up the tree for the best pictures?I also read where you have to replace 8 AA batteries every 21 days, have you replaced yours yet? PABowhntr, I am really close to buying one, maybe even this weekend, where did you buy yours at and how much, around $80 bucks? Thanks again for posting the pics, love to see them!
Old 06-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Nice pics PABowhntr .
Old 06-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

portable ladder,

Lots of good questions. Lets see if I can help you some.

1. Yes, in order to see what the camera took pictures of you need to get the film developed. With the digitial version you do not as you can plug in a portable viewing screen to see what the camera took pictures of. At about $4 a pop for processing I did not think it a big deal.

2. I set the camera about 3 to 3.5 feet off of the ground and pointing directly at where I expect the deer to come from. I had been setting the camera to take one picture every minute as long as it was activated (default setting) but changed it to one picture every two minutes and it seemed to work much better in terms of getting the deer spooky. I had several "multiple shots" of the same animals whereas before I might have only had one or two in any given batch.

3. I have replaced the batteries on this cam twice since February....but I only had it out for the equivalent of about 32 days total during that time. I only leave it out for 4-5 days per session and can get through about 3-4 sessions before needing to change the batteries.

4. I bought my first one at Walmart for $67 but it was stolen this past February. The second I bought down at the local shop for $79.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Beards,

Thank you. I am glad you enjoy them.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics PA----I am hopefully going to get me a field cam real soon if the funds permit--thanx for sharing and hope to see some more real soon
Old 06-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for the great info, it is official, i am sold, i am going to buy one this week, i can't wait to see my first set of pictures. what percentage of your pictures have deer in them? is it over 50%?
Old 06-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Out of the 24 pictures that should have been taken I had 21 shots developed. Only two of those 21 did not have anything I could see on them.

Good choice with the cam. I do not think you will be disappointed.

Quick Reply: Stealth Cam Pics 6/19-6/24

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.