Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you had a Game Camera Stolen?

Old 08-19-2004, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Have you had a Game Camera Stolen?

Mine was stolen off of private property! [:@][:@]

I still get so angry when I think about it. I was getting good pictures. I was so excited about this cam that I was driving 4 hours a few times a month to change batteries and film... I'm gonna get a new one for Christmas hopefully

I hate being stolen from... when I was a kid growing up in Guatemala I was help up at gunpoint for a hat, caught someone burgling my house (I beat him pretty good tho). It especially sucks when you like what's getting stolen so much!
Old 08-19-2004, 04:53 PM

I have never had a problem....And I will set-up to catch tresspassers.......
The worst thing you can do is use the flash...I also hide the camera from being seen as someone approuches....

Old 08-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't lost it yet,it's been out a month now and there's about 15 shot's taken and I couldn't believe it but the batteries were still fine .I checked it the other day and moved it to another location ,so I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't dissappear.

nubo
Old 08-19-2004, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool pics Gobblegetter...You want me to autograph one?

Just jokin...LOL
Old 08-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Those are some real nice pics gobblergettr. It looks to me as though you can not only pattern deer with them but hunters as well.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

What shocks me about this whole thread is an obvious lack of integrity of many in our ranks.......how can such a small percentage of the hunting community as we have here have so many problems with tresspassing, stealing etc.
My god. It's really disheartening to think about how much we have to worry about leaving stuff that we pay hard earned money for even on private ground.

I don't even glance at the $100+ game cameras for this exact reason.

In my group even if we have permission on private ground, we courteously avoid other guy's stands, cameras etc if we come across them. There is ettiquette in hunting, and it seems many just bypass ettiquette and go straight to crime.

I am a pretty levelheaded guy (no comments Frank) but I can tell you with 100% certainty that if I ever come across someone stealing something of mine in the woods I'm going to reinvent the term "Citizen's Arrest".
Old 08-19-2004, 10:40 PM

I had my game cam stolen off of private property. [:@] And to add insult to injury, the property is owned by the local county judge. Some people just don't have respect for other people's stuff!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

I had 2 stolen from our farm behind locked gates. But I did some detective work and got them back. I told them they missed one. With digital tech. I could have fabricated their picture in my food plot. Theft is a risk but the rewards of pictures are worth it. We got pictures of serval bucks we had never seen. We were told the big boy got killed but he showed up on film after season.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a non typical cam stolen last year. It made it through the entire season on private land, till late bow season, Dec.. I was very mad and would like to know who took it but will never find out. This year I purchased another non typical and made sure to take down the serial # and baught the expander unit to go with it. After 32 pics. the thing will not work untill you enter the password. I also built a "bear box" for it to go in. lagged and chained it to a tree. It may walk away again but it will be useless to them and will take time and effort.

I can not see adults doing this kind of thing. We are all doing this because we love it. Plain and simple, respect others property!!!