Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need some help bowtech guys

Old 05-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default need some help bowtech guys

i have almost made my mind up on either a patriot single cam or a liberty i have a 27 inch draw and want 70lbs pull and i was wondering which one of these bows would be the fastest and most forgiving i'm really about to make my mind up just need you bowtech guys help thanks.and also which will be the quietest and smoothest.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:58 PM

Default RE: need some help bowtech guys

You won't go wrong with either one. The Pat is a little faster and in theory the Liberty should be slightly more forgiving b.c it has a 1/2" more brace height. The Liberty draws much smoother, though. I faced the same dilema several months ago and went with the Liberty. But I have a 29" draw. The Liberty was just too smooth to justify 10-15 more fps. Shoot both of them and go with the one you are most comfortable with. Good Luck!
Old 05-28-2004, 03:54 PM

I shot both of them yesterday, before shooting them I was leaning towards the Patriot, but after shooting them, I am now going with the Liberty. It is SMOOTH, from the second you start drawing it back, until it's at full draw, there is no difference - no "rough spots" or "peaks", just a smooth draw. That did it for me.

That's my 2-cents for what it is worth.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrat's on your choice I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.

nubo
Old 05-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I chose the patriot sc and have absolutely no regrets about doing so.The liberty is a very good bow and very smooth but with my draw length of 28 in i wanted to get more speed for the money,thats why i chose the patriot.It is smooth on the draw,maybe not so much as the liberty,and probably the quietest bow that i have ever shot or heard.The liberty would probably be more forgiving because of the 1/2" extra brace and a little longer A to A.
I have mine with the 70 lb limbs and it is fast,quiet and smooth.Either choice you make will be a good one as they are both excellent bows.
good luck with your decision
Old 05-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went with the Patriot because of the extra speed. The Liberty is not necessarily slow, but the Patriot has a good 15-20 fps on it. The downside to that extra speed comes at a price, the draw cycle is a little harsh on the Patriot. I don't doubt that the Liberty has a smoother draw and may be slightly more forgiving with the 1/2" more brace height. It really depends what you want more of, speed or smoothness.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

with my 27 inch draw what kind of speeds should i expect from both bows
Old 05-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot both and got a Liberty. I could shoot a 70# Liberty, no problem. I felt a 60# Pat would get close to the same speed, but decided to try the new Freedom cam. If you can shoot 70#, the Patriot will be noticeably faster. I felt the Liberty was a little quieter. But both are still very quiet. With your draw length, I don't think a half inch of brace height is a real concern. Either bow will serve you very well.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deer hunter 21

with my 27 inch draw what kind of speeds should i expect from both bows
Based on IBO of 350 grain arrow, 70#, 30" draw MINUS 30fps for draw length adjustment, and having a peep sight, string loop and leeches on the string, I estimate the following:

Liberty - 267 fps

Patriot - 285 fps

This is as I said just an estimate but it should be pretty close.