Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

all right i need every ones opinion

Old 05-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default all right i need every ones opinion

i shoot a carbon 4 runner extreme with a 27 in. draw and 70lb and i'm currently looking for a new or newer bow so i can put the 4 runner as a back up bow. i'm wanting something that shoots same as or harder and is more forgiving and just as smooth as the carbon bow. right now i'm shooting somwhere around 265 to 270 with beaman ics and with the speed pro highcountry arrows about 300 to 305. i don't really need a new bow but i just want one plus i need a back up bow so if something goes down i have the other bow ready. thanks in advance for all your help
Old 05-25-2004, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: all right i need every ones opinion

IMO. The Carbon 4 Runner has more handshock than anything that I've ever shot. IMO if you are looking for a back-up bow there are a lot better bows out there. Shot'em all.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

i plan on making the 4 runner the backup bow and using something better for my primary bow. i have not shot none of the other bows i was wanting to know through your experiences. i do have a buddy who told me that the mathews lx was a great bow.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

i want the bow to be quiet as or quieter thanks.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check them all out and pick one bow from each company that you would be interested in make sure that they are all similar in spec's and cost then shoot them all .Check out all the shop's in your area just to see what your option's are and go from there .The LX is a great bow but you might not feel the same way as your buddy does .

nubo
Old 05-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Dominant Buck

They might not sell them in your area.... but you really should try a Darton. I have the Maverick with recurve limbs. I'm shooting 27 1/2 inch draw, 340 ICS hunters with 125 grain Thunderheads at 67 pounds at 265. It's a smooth draw and a dream to shoot. IBO on it is 314. You should beable to use the same arrows with each bow. If you hook up with something like a Quickee quiver all you'd have to do is buy two brackets, one for each bow. The 340s would shoot fine at 70 pounds with no sweat. They're just a tad stiff at 67 but tune to bullet holes.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

A Bowtech Patriot single cam or dually or a Bowtech Extreme VFT should do what you want and then some. My bow shoots a 390 grain arrow at 308 fps 71# of draw weight. Knock off about 25-30 fps for your draw length adjustment and you should be in the 283-288 range. No hand shock at all and after adding Limb Saver Ultras, quiet as a mouse. The Patriot Dually or Extreme VFT will add about 5-6 fps above those numbers. If your a pretty experienced archer, you could always step up to the Bowtech Black Knight and add another 20 fps to that.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

I just switched from the Carbon 4-Runner, to the Bowtech Patriot and couldn't be happier! Several companies will offer what you're looking for, the LX you mentioned is a quality bow, as are the BowTech's and several others mentioned. The only danger is that you High Country might never be shot again after you shoot the others, believe me quieter and smoother is a lot of fun

Gordon
Old 05-25-2004, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want flat out speed from a short drawlength then look no further than the Martin SlayR. Mine is set at 27.5" draw, 56lbs shooting a 280gr arrow doing 293fps. At 58lbs it does 303fps. It does it quietly with little handshock. I can't believe the Nitrous cams roll over as easy as they do, but I'll take it.

This is by far the fastest bow I've ever shot, or even seen shot at these specs, achieving the speed it's getting. This is with the High Letoff mods. The 65% mods give another 4fps.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

I'll have to go w/ the Bowtech duallys also. I'm shooting an '03 Patriot dually and I absolutely love this bow. Go shoot some bows and see what YOU like...

Quick Reply: all right i need every ones opinion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.