Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

all right i need every ones opinion

Old 05-26-2004, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: all right i need every ones opinion

will these bows be more forgiving than my 4 runner.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:21 AM

My opinion...........

Shoot a dozen bows and buy the one YOU like and don't ask other peoples opinions, they are not hunting with it you are.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

In all honesty I will not recommend any bow if you are going to shoot those 5.5 grains per inch speed pro arrows out of it. In my opinion shooting too light of an arrow is just asking for any bow to blow up.

If you want speed with a relatively forgiving design then you are looking at a bow with a hard drawing cam. You can get a longer axle to axle length, longer brace height bow to shoot very accurately but if you want speed out of a bow with those attributes then you need to resort to either a heavier draw weight, lighter arrow weight or a harder and more efficient cam style. The previously mentioned Patriot single or dual cam would be a good place to start as both offer brace heights of at least 7 inches, IBO speeds of at least 320 or so fps and long riser designs to help promote better weight distribution.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

i'm not going to shoot those 5.5 arrows i'm a little scared of those arrows myself plus they are junk and break really easy. i'm kind of leaning toward something a little more for giving and if i can get 260 to 270fps i will be happy cause i think that will be plenty fast enough for my hunting set up because i believe accuracy is more important than speed. i really appreciate all the suggestions keep them coming and keep in mind it doesn't have to be a really expensive to suit me. thanks
Old 05-26-2004, 02:36 PM

Hoyt XTEC its SSSWWWEEETTT!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

thats funny you said that i was just looking at the hoyts xtec and vipertec. can anyone tell me about those bows and the speeds and the hand shock thanks alot and also what about the speeds of those bows.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Bowtech Dealers near you
http://bowtecharchery.com/dealers/states/TN.html

Hoyt Dealears near you
http://www.hoytusa.com/cgi-bin/hoytzip2.cgi?x=274&y=143

go shoot a few and see what YOU like...

I don't mind people asking about different bow recomendations. They might find out that a certain bow is unreliable or prone to certain cracking problems ect... might save them from making a big $$$ mistake on the wrong bow. Truth of the matter is that there are alot of good bows out there.. I chose Bowtech Patriot dually for the speed and forgiveness... it came highly recomended and I couldn't be happier w/ it. If he goes by what Joe Blow shop owner tries to push on him due to high profit margins or personal bias.. then he might make a mistake. Go to several different shops and check them out.. Most of them are going to tell you that what they sell is the best on the market and everything else is junk (certain Hoyt and Mathews dealers come to mind)... Some even go as far as to start stupid rumors about certain companies being in trouble and going bankrupt ect... just to try and reinforce their veiws. Just go in w/ an open mind and a closed wallet.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Man some of you guys are slinging awfully light arrows. What ever happened to the heavier is quieter, easier on the bow etc etc. If I dropped down to a 300 or 350 grain arrow like some of you I'd be zipping right along too.[8D]
Old 05-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Man some of you guys are slinging awfully light arrows. What ever happened to the heavier is quieter, easier on the bow etc etc. If I dropped down to a 300 or 350 grain arrow like some of you I'd be zipping right along too.[8D]
If it makes you feel any better my ACC's weigh in at 432 grains and I still shoot them about 290 fps. [8D]