Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much would you pay?

Old 05-25-2004, 07:57 PM

Default RE: How much would you pay?

If they do all that, I'll just go to the store and buy some pork! [:'(]
Old 05-25-2004, 09:07 PM

That sounds real cheap. With all the hogs around here, we just go find 'em in the woods. lol
Old 05-25-2004, 09:32 PM

$75 per day for a hog bowhunt is the average price in s. Texas. There are alot of ranches that offer hog hunts for this price, most of the time they are very good ranches that offer an excellect chance of harvesting some pigs. Bowhunts in Texas are generally ALOT cheaper then rifle hunts, especailly if your talking about exotics.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:16 AM
Spike

$75 per day is getting harder to find, though. Most are going up to $100 +. Probably due to having to buy hogs for hunters. We trap them and sell them to game ranches now.

What I like about this deal is the unlimited hogs. They said everyone has seen hogs and gotten shots on hogs, but many archers miss or place the shot poorly and go home without a hog.

My sister was concerned about why we should provide a tip. Tipping, in my mind, should be for service. I figured if they help us track and find a hog or quarter one for us, we should give a tip.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man...................i would pay a 100 dollars per day for that, i love me sum pig!!
Old 05-26-2004, 04:26 PM
Dominant Buck

I know a guy that for several years in a row went to Texas in the off season to hunt pigs. His was a self supporting type hunt. You brought your tent, your gear, found your own food and took care of your own game. He paid $50 a day to do that.... but he was on the King Ranch.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:40 PM

I'm surprised that the king ranch only charged $50 per day, that must have been several years ago. Now they charge you a $1,000 just to walk through their gate.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

Geez, do they wipe your arse for you too? So where exactly is the challenge in this sort of hunt? Would there be any difference than going to farmer Ted's and shooting one of his pigs while eating out of a trough? I don't see the fun in it but to each his own.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:37 AM

That is a great price. Take a look at other outfitters and you will see what i mean. Good luck down there. I hear the place is loaded with em! TGK
Old 05-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: wolfen68

Geez, do they wipe your arse for you too? So where exactly is the challenge in this sort of hunt? Would there be any difference than going to farmer Ted's and shooting one of his pigs while eating out of a trough? I don't see the fun in it but to each his own.

I'm assuming you are referencing the feeders. It is not as easy as you think. The feeders keep the hogs in the area, but that don't mean they come in to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.