Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Repelling mosquito's???

Old 05-25-2004, 08:16 AM

Default Repelling mosquito's???

When will someone design a sent eliminating spray that also repells Mosquitos!!!!
Ticks as well if could.

One of the most frustrating things that can occur is to be watching for deer and swatting at mosquitos... not a good combination.
Here in SE KS we have had more rain than usual already this year. Making for more problems with blood suckers. We do not get a 1st freeze until Nov. some years.
That really cuts into bow season, and the bug problem. I know that just coveringup is the key, but in Oct. and it is still 85* with 90 percent humidity, buddy the less cover you have the better...
I prefer face paint to a net for visibility.

Are there any tricks to beating the bugs????
Old 05-25-2004, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Repelling mosquito's???

The company Repel makes a earth sent bug spray that seems to work pretty good if you can handle the strong smell of dirt!

I think there's quite a few products on the market for bug repelent that is ment for hunting!
Old 05-25-2004, 11:12 AM

I like the one that is called NO STINKING BUGS. it work real good
Old 05-25-2004, 01:01 PM

I've found the Thermacell to be the best contraption to provider some refuge from mosquitos. It dose add a bit of cost to hunting but makes it much more enjoyable IMO
Old 05-25-2004, 01:50 PM

I'm in total agreement with adams about Thermacell. It rules. Apparently scent-free, it repels mosquitos in a 15 foot radius around you. Awesome.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't speak for the Thermacell even though I plan on trying one this year, but a Shannons Bug Tamer jacket is the best $100 I spent last year. The mosquitos are really bad in East Texas which is basically an extension of Louisiana.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:48 PM

Bass Pro had a great deal on a bug suit, I think it was around $40.00. Sounded great, and I wish I would have bought it, I'm not sure id they still have the deal on it. Check it out!
Old 05-25-2004, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

get the thermocell and throw the bug suit in the garbage.....i have a bug tamer, it's hot, during archery , it's dreaded, i can wear nothing if i wanted too now with the thermocell.....definately everyone must own one.....kinda like a Kaiser Kall
Old 05-25-2004, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bow_huntr

Bass Pro had a great deal on a bug suit, I think it was around $40.00. Sounded great, and I wish I would have bought it, I'm not sure id they still have the deal on it. Check it out!
Don't waste your money on this thing. You can't see out of the hood and it doesn't flip back like the Shannons and the bugs can still get through it. At least the mosquitos here can.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:14 PM

im from minnesota which is mosquito central, especially in sept. when its real warm still. i just wear thin camo long sleeved shirts and pants with a bug net around my head and a thin pair of camo gloves. it gets a little warm but at least im not swatting at mosquitos when the deer start moving in.

Quick Reply: Repelling mosquito's???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.