Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats your 2004 Bowhunting plans?

Old 05-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whats your 2004 Bowhunting plans?

I kicked my (48th) 2004 season off with a Bowhunt for Buffalo this past March. I will be chasing/filming Whitetail in Iowa (my home state now), Ill. (born & raised) & Wisconsin from mid Oct. to mid Nov.. I have a pre Deer season Exotic/hog hunt booked in Texas & another Buffalo Bowhunt for March 2005. I hope to take my son (a bowhunter) & daughter (her 1st year) on a Exotic/hog Bowhunt as they can Bowhunt BIG WHITETAILS at home. I want to sneak in a couple other hog Bowhunts-1 with hounds & then a Javi Bowhunt sometime when nothing else is going on. We did Bowhunt Turkeys this spring but to no avail. Share your plans & if you already have something-tell us about it. good luck in 2004..

Old 05-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats your 2004 Bowhunting plans?

Bears now, Whitetail/Elk all of Sept. Oct Elk, November Whitetail, Dec, Whitetail/Elk.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:35 PM

whitetail this fall is about all i will be able to afford this year. hope to remedy that soon.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:55 PM

Hunted pigs in march and took a 300 pounder, took a big tom in april, now its coyotes through the summer, then deer and turkey in the fall. Im gunna try to go on an elk hunt if i get a chance, and maybe another pig hunt.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

Got a nice bear hunt/fishing trip planned for mid sept up in Ontario flying out of Dryden. The owner is local and just purchased the lodge a few years back. They've been running it as a fishing lodge for the first few years. This is the 1st year that they've been able to get bear tags. They said that there hasn't been any hunting there for the last 20 or so years. Hoping that it turns out to be a good trip... it was a little salty at $1800... but we're hoping for good results. This will be a first for my father and I. He's always wanted to go.. and never been able to work it out.

PS... there's one spot that came open if anyone might be interested. We thought that we had the spot filled but something came up and none of other local buddies can get their wives to let them go.. Flying out of Dryden on 9-13 and flying back on the following monday. You can use either a bow or gun. Drop me an email if you want any info.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:41 PM
nub

Mid Sept through Dec., whitetails in WI. Have a killer new spot for large bucks. Sept 25 - Oct. 5, Archery moose in Ontario.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:53 PM

I'm planning on hitting MO for opening week. Then I hit 2 weeks in Ohio (late oct) and another week in MO for the rut. I usually hit late season Ohio as well.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:45 PM

I'm going on my first hog hunt in the SC hills with a bow (of course)!
Old 05-21-2004, 01:12 PM

I am hunting hogs right now in California, and will be bow hunting blacktail deer July 10th through August 1st. Than I will be moving back to PA finally finish my EAS in the USMC August 9th. I will be bowhunting PA in October through November. Cant hardly wait.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:15 PM

Whitetail season opens here in August............so hopefully kill a good one in velvet ! Leaving mid-Sept. for a mulie hunt in Canada ! Hunt whitetail all season in SC and AL ! And hog hunt a little , starting to have friends getting them on their property ! Hopefully a bear hunt this year too ......we'll see what works out !

Quick Reply: Whats your 2004 Bowhunting plans?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.