Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot Tech 29 by bowtech. Similar to MM

Old 05-19-2004, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default Shot Tech 29 by bowtech. Similar to MM

Of the "must shoots", no one mentioned the Mighty Mite. I shot the Extreme VFT, Parker EZ shot and TEch 29. I like the compactness of the Tech 29, which apparently was the predecessor to the MM. Any disadvantages to the MM or tech 29 for my hunting purposes? It was fast, lightweight and easy to manage. Plus, it seemed to shoot well, but I did not shoot enough to judge my accuracy.

thx,

by the way, the tech 29 is a used bow a friend was selling.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Shot Tech 29 by bowtech. Similar to MM

Actually, the original Mighty Mite predates the Tech 29 by at least a year. I believe the Tech 29 is actually built on the original MM riser but with shorter limbs. The newer MM VFT has a longer more "pro" riser and more parallel limbs thus putting it more into the Liberty, Justice category.

In truth, I am actually finding the MM VFT a more accurate bow than the Liberty in my hands though it does exhibit somewhat more recoil at the shot than the Liberty. The reason I did not suggest it as the "bow to shoot" is because its very short axle to axle length and relatively aggressive single cam are not what I would normally recommend for the "average shooter". The axle to axle length, riser design and cam style of the Liberty would probably be better suited as a general suggestion....at least in my opinion.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:33 AM

Default RE: Shot Tech 29 by bowtech. Similar to MM

If your draw length is 29 or over I would go with a longer A-A