Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time to stir the pot!

Old 05-18-2004, 01:10 PM

Default Time to stir the pot!

I can not take it anymore! Go to www.asat.com and look at the pictures.

Ok looks good. But who the heck is going to shoot a deer through all the thick s**t they show in the pictures? This camo is no better than any other camo.[8D]
They (asat) assume all people must stalk cause all the pictures are on the ground behind 200 trees to pretend the deer would be looking at you from that direction. How the heck would you get a shot off with all those branches?

Ok so that is not your shooting lane, so then that is not the view of the deer and those pictures are staged.

Where are the tree stand pictures at ? Any body can "find" the perfect surrounding for a picture.[:@]

They advertize as bowhunters camo but do not show real world tree applications.

There is no way this is any better than mossy oak or anything out there. I do not care what you say ALL camo works just fine so stop talking about it and falling for the marketing bs and just hunt.

You can not argue success!!!!!! Look at the record books and see all the deer killed before ASAT days.[8D]

It begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Time to stir the pot!

Keep stirring......thanks for trying out.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...y=camo&#605244

I know that there are a few on the first page.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:22 PM

Is your arm tired yet? Thanks Matt/PA! I must have been looking for those pics at the sametime.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:30 PM

I thought you or aussie might bite first!

Man that is a cute little deer. Is that this year? I never saw one that small , yotes must love em at that age.[:@]

I guess where I hunt it is all pines and there is not branches any where so we go 25 feet up to help but I can't see how the asat would help any.[8D]

Still not convinced
Old 05-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think you mean:

http://www.asatcamo.com/
Old 05-18-2004, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: doomsday

Is your arm tired yet? Thanks Matt/PA! I must have been looking for those pics at the sametime.

No it is not

My thoughts were about the pictures being questionable and so controled conditions like, anyway I think it is all marketing but the whole society has lifted their tolerances on what is needed and what is not. The manufacturers thrive on ignorance and impulse buyers. Why do you think there is so many products on the market? They all must be nessecaties right.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

If that's all the stirring you have...the noodles are going to be stuck to the bottom of the pot
Old 05-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah NEWSHOOTER.....is that all you got?

I might have to call BuckMagnet to take care of my light work.

Look my take on it is this. Any camoufage will work well in a given situation that compliments it's given appearance........sometimes camouflage doesn't even come into play AT ALL if you do your part right in stand location, the deer and wind cooperate etc. Heck I'm sure there are times and conditions when I could kill a nice deer doing jumping jacks in a Homer Simpson costume, but I wouldn't expect that to be exactly the best choice under a wide variety of conditions.
Camouflage such as ASAT and Predator that are deisgned to break up the human outline as much as possible are designed to help the hunter blend in , in as many environments as possible. Not just belnd in with a certain background, but to blend AND BREAK UP the human form.
Is it going to be a benefit in every occaision? NOPE..... like you said many many good deer have been killed wearing all sorts of things, but why not try to give yourself the best advantage that you can under ALL conditions. othing can make us invisible, but why not TRY to be as invisible as possible.
Let me ask you this.......you are 18ft up, and off to the side of your tree a bit with a light leaf canopy behind you, the biggest buck you have ever seen is standing 20 yards away in the open. As you come to full draw you accidentally clank your arrow faintly off your bow's riser and the deer freezes and looks up. You want to be wearing a nice dark Real Oak or Mossy Tree suit when that deer is SEARCHING for anything to give him an excuse to run? If that deer sees a human outline he's gone, or he's blind and stupid.
Be honest.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had 3 bucks standing 15ft from me the other day out turkey hunting. I was wearing good ole Nam Tiger Stripe. They looked right through me. Good camo for the spring,and its cheap
Old 05-18-2004, 08:14 PM

I might have to call BuckMagnet to take care of my light work.
LOL

I agree totally with Matt. If you have the discretionary income to spend on the sport, what harm is done giving yourself every possible advantage? I feel the same way about scent-lock. I know it does not make a huge difference, but it certainly could give me a small advantage in certain instances. Because my hunting areas are 10-12 hours away, I only get to take a few trips each year. Therefore, I want every possible advantage to make the most of my trip. Oh, and by the way, I will be adding an ASAT leafy suit to the arsenal this year!

Quick Reply: Time to stir the pot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.