Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time to stir the pot!

Old 05-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Time to stir the pot!

falling for the marketing bs
But Newshooter, isn't that exactally what you did when you bought into the whole sticks and leaves thing?
You are also the victim of marketing "BS", as you put it. Mossy oak or Realtree both have thousands of dollars invested in the marketing and advertising game. And what you fell victim to is called, in the business, as "Brand Loyality".
It has all to do with how you go grocery shopping, buy cars and most other purchases you make. All companies want you to be emotional about their products. When you purchase certain things you feel connected to whatever their advertisment portrays. This is all part of the game. I do not have the typing skills to sit here and give out a disertation or write a college thesis on the basic principles of marketing and advertising, but we all fall victim to it at some point in our lives. This is why, for every story someone posts about ASAT, someone else will have a better or similar story. We have bought into the marketing for whatever reason and want to validate ourselves/purchase by having someone else do the same.
For most of the folks that use ASAT, they almost all seem to have had some type of "experience", where by, they just suddenly "get-it". All of the prompting, marketing and photos up to this point have ment nothing to these folks, but then somewhere, somehow, something happens and from that day forward, they are ASAT users for life.
You apparently have not had this ephiphany yet, and for this I am sorry. The good news is that it is not too late. You already know the ASAT web page. What are you waiting for?
Old 05-18-2004, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt the pines of East Texas and ASAT works just great there.

Now spot and stalking is a lot of fun IF you can do it

Here is a pic of a guy on the ground doing a stalk on a Chital deer who's eye sight is a lot better than a Whitetail.

The pic BTW was taken in Australia where all the trees are evergreen
Old 05-19-2004, 04:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Ok looks good. But who the heck is going to shoot a deer through all the thick s**t they show in the pictures?
HMMMmm... I never trim limbs... I never cut down trees... I hunt the thicker spots... GEE, and here all this time I thought I did hunt the thickets. Oh well.

AND... as far as being better than anything else.... NOPE. The best camo known to man kind is "Snowflage" with a foot of new snow on the ground. NOTHING BETTER. Aside from snow, they all have their places. Some are better than others. Some suck in my woods and are great on someone elses prairie.

You got it all wrong... it isn't about being better than the others... it's about a boy having enough toys.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Newshooter, because you have never owned ASAT, you'll never understand...and obviously are too closed minded to even consider the facts behind ASAT technology. I've worn them all inclulding your beloved Mossy Oak....and my field research speaks for itself, ASAT makes you as close to invisible to ANIMALS as you can ever be. I say animals because humans try to analize it's appearance too much and because it doesn't appear to the human eyes as conventional camo is in itself it's only downfall. Everyone has stories about how close animals have been, how it never saw me, how it looked right through me...etc...but never have I had the experiences with animals as I have wearing anything else but ASAT...until you try it, you simply won't get it....It's simply, everyone who has tried it will never wear anything else......that speaks volumes.

Your not stiring the pot, your simply showing your ignorance for the product.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:02 AM

I've worn them all inclulding your beloved Mossy Oak....

Alright, the truth of the matter is the boards are dead and I hate it.[:@] No new pics, no good treads.

Anyway I got a few good laughs from these replies and that made my day.

Really I bought a brand new mossy oak insulated suit and then found out the ASAT[:@]
I definatly would prefer the asat but my suit is brand new. I guess i am pissed that I did not know of it earlier. I do not think the wife would be real happy with more camo in the family. I am not brand loyal to anything! What ever is the best well researched product gets my business.

Just was in the mood for alittle fun, Thanks for the laughs, and hey watch some of the negative comments. We all have the same passion.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Personally, I think all of this camo talk is a bunch of ****. Though I rarely use this anymore, can anyone deny this very old pattern as one of the best patterns ever.

Old 05-19-2004, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

YY......aaaaaaaa.....wwwwwww.....nnnnnnn[8D]
Old 05-19-2004, 08:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Where can I get me some of this camo??? It seems to work quite well....and look, no sticks, leaves, blotches of tan with black stripes....it must be a marketing gimmick.

Eventually, when enough people go against the grain and buck the trend then they create a trend themselves and become the norm.

To heck with all you all...I am getting some River Ghost camo. [:-]

Old 05-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like Predator Camo to me
Old 05-21-2004, 12:33 AM

PABOWHUNTER! I demand you give me a link to that camo now! I dont know what ill do if I cant see more! It is making my heart do barrel rolls! Holy crap that stuff looks nice. WOW

Quick Reply: Time to stir the pot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.