Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NAP QuikSpin™ Vanes

Old 05-17-2004, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default NAP QuikSpin™ Vanes

When using these vanes do you have to use 3 of these vanes on an arrow or could you use 1 of these and a different type of vane that weighed the same? I doubt you would get very good flight using a different type of vane, but if it was the same weight who knows.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:32 PM

Default RE: NAP QuikSpin™ Vanes

LOL..........

What some will think of to save $$$$$

[:-]
Old 05-17-2004, 02:13 PM

If they would fly decent, it would be interesting to see how fast the different combination of Quikspin and regular vanes would spin and their grouping abilities. Throw in different ways of fletching (straight, offset, and helix) and you would have an archery article.
Old 05-17-2004, 07:13 PM

I checked out Mountain Archery, the place that texasaggiebowhunter mentioned, and they offer their arrows with a quick spin on the nock vain only. This would lead you to think that it would work well. I, too, am curious about this question. We'll see I guess.
Good Luck
Old 05-17-2004, 09:06 PM

If you have a 3 bladed propeller and one blade has more drag over the other two, what would happen???
Old 05-18-2004, 05:03 AM

I would have to say stick with the same VANS.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you have a 3 bladed propeller and one blade has more drag over the other two, what would happen???
Ya got me Len but I would be willing to bet that it would be one unbalanced setup. Would there be a difference because a propellor is rigid and vanes/feathers are not?
Old 05-18-2004, 05:44 AM

The amount of rotation and drag coefficient of one vane, verses the other two, can't be a desirable condition.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe if you put 4 degree helical on the two vanes and put the quik spin on straight cock vane, BUT it just don't make since to mix and try to match 'em![8D]
Old 05-18-2004, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

I didn't think it made much sense when I posted the question, but I know how some of the more experienced people on the board are always experimenting. Plus rack-attack was right, it is a way to save money since these things are $20 for 36 of them. I like to use 2 different color vanes on my arrows, so I would need to order 2 packs. That is $40 plus shipping so you are looking at almost $50 in just vanes. Pretty pricey in my book.
After saying all that I did order one package of orange, and if I see results I will order another pack of a different color.

Quick Reply: NAP QuikSpin™ Vanes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.