Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Formal apoligy!

Old 05-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Formal apoligy!

I was sent an e-mail this weekend to regard's to my complaining about my product and my supplier .I stated that i was upset with BowTech and our local distributor out of Toronto. I am not upset with either BowTech or North Sylva ,I got my product and I also got the Equipment that Sylva and BowTech wished to give me ,and for that I am very greatful,I'm not upset over a quiver or over a hat that was told I would recieve ,Although I did ask for a quiver and was under the assumption that They would send it up to me that week .I'm sorry if I Misunderstood.

nubo
Old 05-11-2004, 09:06 PM

Default RE: Formal apoligy!

I'm sure they'll accept your apology. It is the PROfessional thing to do.

Too many times I see complaints put on the internet that are based on 'misunderstandings'. The good ones, like yourself are man enough to admit a mistake. Many, however, raise a false issue for the whole world to see and never admit the truth. Yes, the customer is always right - escept when he/she is incorrect.

This issue of misunderstanding has hit me quite a few times on this and other forums. Someone 'misunderstands' and immediately feels compelled to vent his/her frustrations. It hurts the PROfessional because it's a 'no win' situation for them 99% of the time.

I beseech everyone to consider the ramifications before posting negative threads. Please give the other party enough time and effort to rectify the situation. Make sure you are absolutely correct before shaming anyone for the world to see.

Thank you for listening. I've been hit with this situation several times and it makes one reluctant to participate. Once the damage is done, it's hard to retract the breath of it.

And, thank you NUBO, for this thread. You're a better person for it.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:05 PM

AMEN!
Old 05-13-2004, 05:07 AM

well said Len in Maryland
Old 05-13-2004, 06:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

I beseech everyone to consider the ramifications before posting negative threads.
That cuts it. I am posting a negative thread about negative threads!!

Sorry Len, it was the first thing that I thought of. Good reply though. I agree 100%.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nubo,

It takes a big man to admit when he's made a mistake. I do however think the internet gives the consumer more leverage than we used to have. Some dealers or distributors will put the screws to a customer becasue they know the customer has no other option. For example, I had a HCA carbon riser blow up on me once and wasn't even shooting the bow when it blew. HCA did nothing but bust my b@lls and give me a hard way to go and I hadn't had the bow for a week. They wanted me to send my bow back and them put a new riser on it. I said "hell no it's a brand new bow and it was dry of it's on accord due to a factory defect, I want a new bow. The limbs are probably cracked and the axles bent etc." So, I called and the customer service folks didn't want to work for me and wouldn't let me speak with a supervisor etc. So I built a website called "Exploding High Country's" put it on the internet and emailed them a link. I told them I would be submitting it to search engines and I would be plastering all over the hunting messsage boards if a member of management didn't call me back before the end of the day. When I got home that afternoon there was a message on the machine that they were next day airing me a new bow. The funny thing was that I hadn't called them from home and I have no idea how they got my home number but the next day they had me a new bow. So in that case they had ample oppurtunity to do the right thing but they wouldn't because they knew I didn't have any choice in the matter. So I agree negative threads should be discouraged until you have tried to work through the issue, however they can be very beneficial in receiving a satisfactory outcome.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:29 AM

I think nubo's thread was necessary, he got screwed and it took over a month to make it right.

Also, am I missing something? I don't see where nubo made an apology or where one was even needed or where he was mistaken about anything?.......... Is there a post I'm missing. I do know his situation and IMO, he got screwed and Bowtech gave him a new bow to cover their a$$ b/c they knew it was being posted on the boards.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Double Creek, I don't think BowTech acted as they did "to cover their a$$". They did what they could to make the situation right, gave nubo a new bow. It's pretty clear this was not BowTech's fault from the beginning. BowTech stepped up and took the hit so a customer's problems were taken care of. That's just their way of doing business, concern for the customer's happiness with their product.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:41 PM

Well said
Old 06-07-2004, 09:16 PM

nice job s.a. - you got to do what you got to do and its good to have message boards to keep the companies in line a bit. i sure as heck like hearing about when a company or dealer is being difficult, and usually its easy enough to tell when someone is just being ridiculous. AND sometimes people don't realize when it really is them because they are used to getting screwed over. message boards can help the person see its not the company or the shop. i mean when you go to 5 different shops and get told 5 different things it makes you wonder who to trust - ya know. and it makes people crazy sometimes. it did me til i said the hell with it - i'll find out for myself and learn how to do what you're charging me for - ... i could go on and on and on about this. i don't see the posts as neg. - i think just like arguments with your wife - sometimes they're necessary no matter who's right or wrong, and just like with your wife you've got to learn NOT to say things - like len said - you can't take back.

Quick Reply: Formal apoligy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.