Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mathews lx limb broke

Old 05-11-2004, 07:31 PM

Default mathews lx limb broke

I took my lx in to pro shop, had a noise coming from it on the draw. he drew it back and the bottom limb split, only had the bow 9 months, Is this common with mathews bows, i didnt think so, if any of you mathews loyal shooters want to shead light on any problems that you have had or heard of with them i would greatly appreciate the feedback, a not so happy mathews owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!![:@]
Old 05-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: mathews lx limb broke

Not common at all! And 100% warranty!

Dont know what happened but you'll get it replaced free of charge and you'll probably get struck by lightning before it happens again.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:54 PM

Where were you storing your bow? If you left it in the case in the garage or somethin, or someplace with with a big fluctuation in temperature, the limbs will begin to loose there lamination(any bow will do this). Ive seen a few mathews bows with busted limbs, but ive seen hoyt, bowtech, parker, alpine, and many others with busted limbs also. Sometimes it just happens, go to your shop and use your warranty, mathews will send you a new set of limbs and the pro shop should put them on for you.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:24 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm not a Mmmmmmmmm MMMMMMMmmm (you know) fan, BUT.... this is not a problem they hold all by themselves. I'd venture to say that EVERY manufacturer has a few bows blow up EVERY year. It can happen to the best of them.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:24 AM

Yep I would agree.......it can happen to any of them !! Sorry it had to be you...........but it had to be someone.....you know !! They'll replace it and you'll never know the difference ! I had a limb replaced on my MQ-1 several years ago !!
Old 05-12-2004, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im not a mathews fan either , Ive never seen one come apart though , They will probably send you a limb , read one , to replace the broken one . Thank goodness it happened at the dealer , I can imagine their nonservice department try to place the blame on you . The worst Ive seen from mathews limbs in the past was the axil holes drilled crocked or not square , and that makes a huge diferance .
Old 05-12-2004, 05:41 AM

I store bow in house in case temp same most of time
Old 05-12-2004, 05:45 AM

I understand they will replace the limb, but for that kind of money u pay for a bow, that kind of thing is unexceptable, I shot a jennings carbon extrem for 8 years before this mathews and never had a problem with her..
Old 05-12-2004, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm on my 3rd Mathews and haven't had a problem, yet. Like the others have said it doesn't matter whether you paid $100 or $1000 sometime limbs break.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:03 PM

If you did break it .it still is covered don't matter what happen to it. So my dealer said
well see .

Quick Reply: mathews lx limb broke

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.