Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Snakes?????????????

Old 05-16-2004, 08:16 AM
PLB

Default RE: Snakes?????????????

I was bitten by a watermoccasin while in NC several years ago. It was not an experience I hope to encounter again. I have also come accross several rattle snakes in UT and AZ. They've always just warned me that I (unaware) was coming to close to them. The need is there to keep the rodent populations down, but I would just as soon not see them.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:52 PM

I've been hunting and fishing in the south my whole life and have allways been facinated by snakes. I used to catch kingsnakes and sell them to farmers for their barns. Came close to getting bit by a small rattler when I was 15 cutting grass at church. Cutting along the wood line I guess lawn mower pi$$ed him off and he struck at my ankle. He missed my leg but his fangs got caught in my sock glad no one had video cameras back then cause you never saw a teenager shake a leg like that would have never lived it down .
Old 05-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me Grandpappy one year had a rodent problem in his barn. So every time he would come across a big ole Pine snake he would take it and throw it in the barn. The rodent population soon soon dissipated. Unfortunately for grandpappy the Pine snakes seemed to enjoy chicken eggs bout as much as the rodents. So Grandpappy tells me he will pay me two bucks apiece for them Egg thiefs. So being afraid of snakes as I am I go out and sit in the hayloft with my trusty 410. So just as its getting a bit dark I see one of the slithering noaccounts heading toward the coop. I takes careful aim and fires and ...........Ooops I just shoot grandpappys best layer! .................dabow