Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To gut or not to gut?

Old 05-04-2004, 07:25 AM

Default RE: To gut or not to gut?

Fieldmouse:

You now know that 1) you need to know what are the acceptable ethics that the majority of hunters abide by, 2) if you know but you do not practice the same ethics, do not get on the Internet and tell the world, and 3) when digging a hole for yourself make it very shallow so you can get out with little effort.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Fieldmouse,Your a anti-hunters wet dream.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:33 AM

My son, Joe and me gut our dear where they pile-up. We take our time and do our gutting quite meticulously. By going slowly and thoroughly we end up with a clean animal that we then wrap in my old army poncho for hauling out. From there we drive to a good friend who has butchered for the past 1/4 century. He never fails to complement us for our success and our precise gutting techniques. A little extra time afield is repaid many times over with a quality ensured product of your hunting treasure. Respect that treasure, take your time and enjoy the experience with your fellow hunters.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:42 AM
Dominant Buck

I will once again point out if you don't gut the deer, and that was the origonal post, you loose tender loins and ribs. I will have to modify that because some people here a swearing by the heart and liver. I guess if you don't eat them your a poacher.

You show me where I have never checked in a deer or advocated not checking in a deer?

I will also point out that in Germany if you don't carry your animal rather than drag it out of the woods you are disrespecting it.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

heart and liver. I guess if you don't eat them your a poacher.
No dummy. If you kill a bambi because the meat is more tender and then don't even bother to use the shoulders and neck because it is a waste of your time then that is what makes you nothing better then a poacher.

You show me where I have never checked in a deer or advocated not checking in a deer?
No body has said the you did this. What you do is advocate is wasting perfectly good meat because you are LAZY. Lasy is SLOB HUNTING and slob hunters are no better then poachers.

Haven't you noticed that nobody is backing you on this. You have no ethics and that is not something that is welcome on this board. Read what c903 said. Maybe you better start looking for a different board to post on. I for one hope no more of your kind sign up on this board. This has been a wonderful board and I hope we can keep it that way.

Pratice hunting ethics. Then come back.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess it depends on your definintion of poacher. If you mean someone who breaks a game law then he would be a poacher in Arkansas because that is considered "wanton waste of game".

PS I would greatly prefer to eat the south end of a north bound skunk, than a deer heart[:'(]
Old 05-04-2004, 08:52 AM

Fieldrat-
you are a real peice of work! It all boils down to you have no RESPECT for the game you hunt. That is so evident by ALL of your postings the last few months. At first, I thought you were some punk kid who didn't know any better. The sad thing is that you are a grown man who should know better. You really need to do some soul searching about your hunting ethics. Your no respect mentality is more fuel for the Antis. We do not need people like you in our sport.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

I gut em where they fall.
If I didn't use all of the meat myself, I would be inclined to donate it to a food bank or homeless shelter....
But, I eat every little scrap I can get (except the heart, liver, etc). I don't eat these because they are apparently high in contaminants and I just plain don't like 'em. However, I did give away a doe's liver last year to an old friend. Rather than wasting precious meat, give it to someone who will appreciate it. Perhaps it is more a matter of laziness than not wanting the meat. Show some respect for what you hunt and use every bit of it that you can - or give it to someone who will.
Oh, and gut em where they fall - unless it is really cold out and you can get em out of the woods and hanging super-fast.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

You know it is interesting that the origonal post gut or not to gut before the attacks got personal (first sign that your loosing the argument).
What is the second sign??..........trying to change the subject and hope no one notices

The only thing that was dertemined you loose if you choose not to gut was ribs and loins which some have said they don't waste time on the smaller deer to get the ribs. Some also did't know about the tender loins. So how much do you really waste? Not much. If you want shoulders you can get them with out gutting.
The debate is not about if meat is wasted by not gutting..........it is about YOU knowingly wasting meat because it isn't "worth the effort" Not knowing the loins are there is one thing..........not caring about meat you KNOW is there is totally different.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

I have hunted wisconson .

You spelled poached wrong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.