Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Free Unlimited Hunting

Old 04-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Free Unlimited Hunting

This is for those who seem to have limited hunting places.

I am in Mississippi with no desires or plans to hunt this state this year. I could have picked up three properties to hunt tonight all with potential of 12 deer with in shooting distance per hunt. The home owners are sick of the deer.

For me, it's a common story. "My wife loved them when we moved in. Now they eat everything she plants. Can you shoot them?"

Hunt resisential. Doe's are there and it takes a buck to knock them up each year. Have the patience to pass up the 140 class and shoot the 160. If you want meat shoot them out of the rut season.

Good luck Cajuns
Old 04-29-2004, 03:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Free Unlimited Hunting

Unfortuantely around here most residential areas have "No discharge of Firearms" laws which do include bows. We do have residential areas that are in desperate need of herd thinning. When the DNR gets enough complaints they have a special hunt which bowhunters can apply for and take a proficiency test which you must pass before your name goes into the lottery.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:08 AM

Where in Mississippi are you talking about? I live in the biggest metro area and we have no problem with deer.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:16 AM
Dominant Buck

I was in Jackson last night when I was talking with the locals. All three of them said I could come and kill what ever I want.

As far as Bow hunting with in city limits. Yes bows can be considered firearms but usually thats a grey area. I say that because I have several friends that target practice in there back yards and have never had a single complaint. However if you are concerned about this, city limits end somewhere and neighborhoods go on. Just hunt the neighborhoods outside the city limits.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

In PA, if you are lawfully hunting, local ordinances prohibiting the discharge of a firearm or weapon is over ruled.

It seems around here the deer are pains in the butt until you tell some one you'll gladly come and shoot them, then they become cute again. Plus there are many areas where people have problems, but its cause they'll live next door to a huge posted area. Hunting thier yard will do no good unless it's 1 AM.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:20 AM

What an opportunity, where do I sign up. Would love to sneak away for a week and bowhunt some whitetails..........