Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cheetah Hunter or PSE Dominator

Old 04-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Spike

Default Cheetah Hunter or PSE Dominator

Hey, y'all! I haven't been around in a while. Busy with my new place. Anyhoo, I was thinking of buying either Cheetah Hunters (35/60) or PSE Dominators (100) for hunting, but I'd like to get some input on these arrows.

Does anyone have any experience hunting with either of these? I'd like to find an arrow I can use on whitetail and elk.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:55 AM

Default RE: Cheetah Hunter or PSE Dominator

Let me weigh in on the PSE Dominators. BAD NEWS! [:@]I bought my new bow a couple of months ago and picked up a dozen Dominators 300. I like the look of the camo and I've never had an issue with any of the PSE gear I've bought in the past so I figured they'd be ok. After shooting them about a week or so I had a shaft disintergrate shortly after clearing my riser. I've never in 12 years of shooting a bow seen an arrow do anything like this. I'm fairly careful with my arrows, I don't stack them and I check them often for damage. This arrow appeared fine right up until it "exploded".

Also I had a couple of suspect arrow that I just couldn't get to group. My guess is poor spine, after the incident above I've just retired them. It's not worth the chance for me. I decided to like poor for a couple of weeks and buy GoldTips.

Check out this link the the pse board. Appears I'm not the only one who has had issues.
http://forums.pse-archery.com/showth...threadid=18143

I can't comment on the cheeth hunter as I've never shot them.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just ordered some new Gold Tip 3D pro's ,I've been using the Carbon Force but as well suspect they're not just right .

nubo
Old 04-29-2004, 08:13 AM
Spike

Thanks, guys.

Anyone have anything to say about the Cheetah Hunters?