Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trail Cam Huge Coyote Pic

Old 04-28-2004, 01:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trail Cam Huge Coyote Pic

Set up a trail cam along a drainage ditch between 2 corn fields in early April (where I bowhunt). Saw 2 nice deer in front of the camera when I went to go pick it up but unfortunately the batteries in the camera died a few days after placing it there. The motion sensor picked up 17 incidents but the camera only took 6 pictures - 3 of which were from the wind blowing the grass in front of it. Got 2 pics of Deer and 1 of this huge wolf looking coyote. Thought you might enjoy it.

Here it is enlarged:

Old 04-28-2004, 02:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trail Cam Huge Coyote Pic

Nice pic!

Depleted Uranium torpedo broadheads in 3 blade 125 g
Handmade Scent Free Guillie Suit with matching handbag
GPS Strobing Homing Nocks
Tachyon Anti-Matter Telekinetic Release
2" Plasma H/Up Display w Holographic Target
Where do I find a hunting setup like yours? 2043 Jan/Feb edition of Soldier of Fortune magazine?
Old 04-28-2004, 04:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Though I am no expert of such things that definitely looks like a huge coyote. Personally, I have yet to see one in the woods where I hunt but I know they are around as I hear them and see signs of their passing.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:40 AM

That's a monster. I've seen a coy-dog mix with what looked like a German shepherd that was the only thing comparable to that. The one I saw was huge. The other, "regular" coyotes are small 30lbers in my area that I am itching to get a shot on. I had one sniffing around right after I killed one last year and I was hoping he would find the deer and try to dig in so I could get a 2-fer.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:46 AM

cool picture
Old 04-28-2004, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a huge coyote. Glad to hear you say wolf-looking and not confuse it with a wolf. What a beast though.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:37 AM

That does look like a huge yote, but it's hard to tell how big he really is relative to his surroundings. How far away was the pic taken? Sometimes angles and distance can play tricks on the eyes.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't tell how tall the yote is from the picture but it's obvious he's well fed.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that looks like a bitg yote. Judging by the height of the rear leg and the proportion of the head to the body, but it is hard to tell. Great pic, thanks for sharing.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

To give you an idea of his size, here is a picture from the exact same angle of a deer walking by. Where the yote was standing is just over the left side of the deers rump.
He's a big coyote all right.

I don't know how to get these pictures any larger without increasing the file size. I had to reduce the picture's size greatly to get under the 30kb limit.

Quick Reply: Trail Cam Huge Coyote Pic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.