Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do you shoot YOUR choice of bows ?

Old 05-06-2004, 08:04 PM

Default RE: Why do you shoot YOUR choice of bows ?

I shoot compound after looking for 2 month i settled on a parker ultra lite 31 the first reason is because its only 31 inches axle to axle 2nd was the price after looking at mathews one of my top pics i tried the parker not only is it fast its super quiet and light i have been shooting it since december and i can put arrows in really nice tight groups after replaceing a few arrows i decided to start using 5 spot targets i get about 85% in the bull i think if i get to practice a little more i can improve that to 90 or better
Old 05-06-2004, 09:44 PM

Don't see too many Hoyt's represented here; so I guess I'll try to boost them!!! Nah, I'll shoot about anything - I just happen to own a Hoyt at the moment. (Not a big fan of Darton though, had a limb crack loose middraw in the dealers range. I'm sure it was a fluke, but you know how that makes you) Why do I have a RazorTec? It's light, fast, accurate, incredibly smooth, and reliable. Hoyt has great customer service - better than anyone else I've had to deal with. My only complaint would be it's a little too short ATA, but that's why the XTec is on my 'to acquire' list.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Last spring I bought a Bear Paw compound at Sports authority because they were discontinuing most of their archery stuff & only wanted $80 for it. I wasnt sure if I'd like bowhunting or not but I do. Little over a month ago I got a Martin cougar speed flite from my uncles brother. Its not new but I like it alot better, mostly because its faster.

I guess the main reason I got either one was because I'm cheap.
That being said I'v been bitten I think, as Im leaning towards a shorter ata bow & keep getting different arrows & equipment. I get obsessive about hunting easily & in the past it was always firearms, but now archery? Theres so much stuff I need.