Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do you shoot YOUR choice of bows ?

Old 04-27-2004, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why do you shoot YOUR choice of bows ?

...as ArthurP's already dated blood begins to boil.
Why would my blood boil? It's HIS money, not mine. As far as looking cool... There's no accounting for taste.[:'(]

"Because it requires the least of amount of practice to be proficient with and because its high speed levels allow me to not worry about judging distance....."

Just to fire up Arthur.
Wouldn't fire me up. I never get upset at the truth.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot a Clearwater Archery bow. Why cause it shoots well for me and i'm a finger shooter. It's axles are 41' and I shoot it nice. Its a 70-90lb bow and I set it a 88lbs. It drives heavy arrows at nice 290fps and I can use one sight pin up to 30yds it flies that flat. My disadvantage is holding at full draw. But I like the comfort of the bow and it works for me.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I still shoot an old PSE Edge 1000C lefty bow. It's my first and only bow since I got started 3 years ago. It's a heavy old rugged workhorse of a bow, but it still shoots great.

I have picked up Martins, Parkers, Hoyts, etc... and they are so small, compact, and probably shoot with lightning speed. I might be out of my league trying to shoot one of those.

I know I'm still probably a "newbie" but I just like the classic, everyday, dime-a-dozen, 39" ATA, dual cam, type of bows. One of these days, yeah, maybe I'll upgrade into a newer bow, but then, why? My PSE Edge 1000C is still shooting good and I am comfortable with it.

Butch
Old 04-27-2004, 09:33 AM

I shoot a PSE Firestorm lite.

Why?

1) beacues I'm not rich and hate to pay for advertising when I can buy a PSE and and just pay for the bow.

2) 30" ata. I like how small and light it is. No it dosen't cant! Give it up!

3) I had excelent luck with the Thunderflight Express I bought back in the early 90's and just retired it this year.

4) because!
Old 04-27-2004, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya'll are saying you "like them "

Whats to like about your choice ? Is it a bit faster than other models ? More forgiving ? Price ? Looks cooler ? What is is that made you choose THAT model ?
Old 04-27-2004, 09:40 AM

Its a bow thats smoother and easier to shoot than most others I have shot (for me).
Wow - same reason I shoot my choice of compound

But.................wouldn't it be more challenging to shoot a bow that didn't shoot "easier for you"

You trad guys are always looking for the easy way out..[]
Old 04-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Whats to like about your choice ? Is it a bit faster than other models ? More forgiving ? Price ? Looks cooler ? What is is that made you choose THAT model ?
In 2000 when I bought my bow, the looks, feel, shootability and speed convinced me of my choice at the time.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot a Jennings Buckmaster. The reason I shoot it.....Christmas gift from my mom when I was in college. I was just getting into hunting and I was borrowing a buddies bow. So....reason...I didn't pay for it, but it works!!!!

J
Old 04-27-2004, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hoyt MagnaTec. I shoot it because it is so quite and I like the feel of it.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wouldn't fire me up. I never get upset at the truth
Who said anything about the truth? Personally I think any bow requires a great deal of practice to become proficient with and speed only helps with penetration......

Quick Reply: Why do you shoot YOUR choice of bows ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.