Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Yellowstone

Old 04-26-2004, 03:19 AM

Default Yellowstone

Good day.
I live in South Africa and saw a documentary on Yellowstone over the weekend. It looks like an amazing- and such a pretty place. By the looks of it, it seems that there are quite a number of wildlife roaming the area. Has anybody had the opportunity to hunt there, or is bow hunting not permitted in the park?
Old 04-26-2004, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Yellowstone

Yellowstone National Park is off limits to any kind of hunting.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:07 AM

I presume that it is a good thing, but it is a pitty however. Thanks for the reply!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 10:01 AM

Yellowstone is a beautiful and unique place. I have had the opportunity to spend some time in the Yellowstone backcountry hiking, camping and fishing and it was a great experience. Some nice trout in those hills! The perimeter of the park is hunted hard and offers some of the best elk and muley hunting to be found anywhere!
Old 04-26-2004, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never been there I plan on changing that by Sept. 8th or so
Old 04-26-2004, 11:21 AM

I went to Yellowstone with my parents when I was around 8. It was unbelievabel. Words really can't describe how you fell in Big Sky country, it's like no where on earth. I hope to take my kids there someday, its one of those experiences in life that makes you sit back and ponder your life.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes it is amazing. I was born and raised in the area. I'm actually going to live there again for the summer and take a break from Sooner territory. I can't wait: fly fishing, golf, hiking. Only 2 weeks til I leave.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I lived out there and guided flyfishing for a time.........spent a lot of time in the Park. Yes it is unreal. The first month I was there I literally had my head on a swivel marveling at everything.
A gigantic Bull moose bedded less than 10 yards behind me on a backpack fishing trip to a small lake. (Yeah I'm observant.....I didn't notice him until he got up right behind me.[:-]......him and about 8-10 cows!)

Chased by a buffalo on another trip........well maybe he just wanted to walk on the same trail but I swear he was following me!

Saw a Japanese tourist 20 feet up a small pine tree with a Bull Elk raking the bottom. Boy the shutters from the rest of his tour bus were clicking there let me tell ya!

Awesome place, the tourist traffic is pretty nuts though. If you truly want to see the park get off the roads, pack a lunch and get on the lesser used trails. Don't go at peak season either. September might be the best time to visit.

I just hope to make it back there again before I croak.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:24 PM

No, unless I am mistaken, no hunting is permitted in yellowstone. But if you went there, then you wouldn't want to hunt it anyway. It's a beautiful place but I really hated my drive through yellowstone. It was like driving through a zoo. I actually felt sick to my stomach. The animals didn't impress me; they were not wild enough to do so. There was no challenge in getting close. I could not imagine trying to hunt them, it would be like shooting a farm animal. It does not require much extra surviving skill for those bull elk to get big like it does where hunting is allowed. Therefore, there was no challenge. And I think it is only the challenge that impresses me. It's the Hunt that I'm into. So I hated Yellowstone.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that most of us appreciate the wildlife that is there, and seeing them be able to grow to their full potential. You won't see animals like that at any zoo.

Quick Reply: Yellowstone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.