Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why a Recurve or Compound?

Old 04-29-2004, 12:01 PM

Default RE: Why a Recurve or Compound?

My question is why do we have to poke fun at each other in what way we shoot.
Because humans are basically buttheads and we can't help ourselves. [8D]

Want to really get them going? Ask them who their favorite Nascar driver is and why? LOL

I personally don't see anything special about it. Drive fast, turn left. Big deal. The highway patrol does that all the time around here.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot both because their both a blast! I switched to compounds because I was fascinated with the new technology back then. I must admit when I first started shooting compounds I was extremely intimidated by the wheels and cables. With every shot I expected something to blow up in my face. It was probably a good year before I was relaxed enough to start shooting good.

I also noticed the same with my eldest son. I started him with a recurve and he loved it. I purchased a compound for him and he's also intimidated by it and likes the recurve much better. The reason I'm mentioning this is because I feel if I would have started him off with a compound I'm afraid he would have decided that archery just wasn't for him and showed no interest in trying anything else. Keep that in mind when trying to bring a kid into archery!

Around here we have two classes (with 3 steaks) for our 3d tourneys. The compounds hunters class and trad class shoot together and we have a great time. The open class shoot their rounds seperate from hunters class and it works great for everyone!
Old 04-29-2004, 06:14 PM

I posted this because I was curious to see why we did what we did me I like to shoot both styles and I even have one of my compounds set up for trad shooting. I have a blast doing both I pay more attention to a person skill level then what he shoots. Archery is fun for every one who give it a try!