Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

carbon vs. Aluminum Arrows

Old 01-07-2002, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: carbon vs. Aluminum Arrows

Since the last year of production of the SR500 was '96, I would imagine your dealer is recommending aluminum to help you to get your bow to last longer. It's coming up on 6 years of pounding with those lite little ACC's and it is getting into senior citizen class for a compound. It's time to increase the arrow weight and stop expecting so much out of the ol' girl or you can expect something to break.

Personally, I like the Beman ICSH arrows a lot better than GoldTips. They've got a smoother finish so they don't wear your arrow rest nearly as bad. And they have some more weight to 'em than Gold Tips do. Not as much as aluminum, but enough to help your bow's longevity.

Old 01-07-2002, 10:22 AM

I use the acc 3-60's and 100 grain muzzy's and have had great success with that setup the past 3 years since I switched over from straight aluminum. ArthurP brings up a good point in relation to your bow's age and wear.

IHW,
Shed
Old 01-07-2002, 12:25 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-07-2002, 01:08 PM

www.thegametracker.com, www.goldtip.com, there are more just go to steve jacksons webpage I can't remember the URL but it will have alot of carbon sites on it, you won't be disapointed going from ACC to a full carbon arrow, I gaurantee the strength factor will blow the ACC, or ACE out of the water. I know I shoot ACE, they don't take much in the way of a beating, because of the straight carbon mesh. Good shooting.
Dylan

>>>>--------o-->

Edited by - 55#recurve on 01/07/2002 14:09:35

Edited by - 55#recurve on 01/07/2002 14:10:50

Edited by - 55#recurve on 01/07/2002 14:13:18
Old 01-08-2002, 12:47 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Since the last year of production of the SR500 was '96, I would imagine your dealer is recommending aluminum to help you to get your bow to last longer. It's coming up on 6 years of pounding with those lite little ACC's and it is getting into senior citizen class for a compound. It's time to increase the arrow weight and stop expecting so much out of the ol' girl or you can expect something to break.

Personally, I like the Beman ICSH arrows a lot better than GoldTips. They've got a smoother finish so they don't wear your arrow rest nearly as bad. And they have some more weight to 'em than Gold Tips do. Not as much as aluminum, but enough to help your bow's longevity.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Dear Sir,

I appreciate your input greatly, but as for arrow weight I have always met the IBO weight requirement of 7 gr. per pound of bow weight. I had to adhere to this in order to shoot there IBO tournaments. Thank you again for your input. I will take your advice into consideration.