Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bow

Old 04-20-2004, 11:21 AM

Default New bow

I have almost outgrown my bow that I have shot for about 7 yrs. I am now 19 and 6'2" and want a fast bow that is still fairly forgiving with a midlength to long axle-axle distance. I shoot pretty heavy carbon arrows and do not want to use an overdraw and I shoot with a release and peep. I am looking for a good bow that is specifically designed for hunting, not target shooting. I was looking for a price range of probably about $300 or $350 at most unless there was something I really needed that was a little more. I hunt primarily for deer, but am starting on turkey and looking to go after some fairly large game such as bear. I have not really looked for bows in many years and am not really sure what the market is looking like. I was wondering if anyone out there has some good recommendations for a new bow. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Good Hunting.
Go Army! Beat Navy!

Old 04-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: New bow

My first thought after reading through part of your post was to suggest the Bowtech Pro 40 with any of the three cam options but then I got to the part where you posted your price range. No biggie. My next suggestion when including price as a consideration would be the new Hoyt Ultramag. It is basically the 2004 version of the Magnatec with a new riser design. Axle to axle length, speed and price are all in the range you specified plus it has Hoyt's typical attention to detail and quality construction.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:49 AM

Default RE: New bow

To specify what I meant before, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me an idea for a bow in my price range, but if you know of a bow that is well worth the extra money, by all means tell me about it. If it is that good of a bow I will gladly pay extra for it. I am looking for a bow that I can probably use for many many years, I am 19 and plan on having a lot of years, and for that kind of investment I would happily pay for a good bow. Thanks for the help so far.